Campsite Opening

Jenrai

So I was browsing the CACC site finder app and it looks like they are taking bookings from the 4th July, at least the few I looked at. This is obviously down to the Government threat level and the progress the country is making but I see light at the end of the tunnel.

If you feel safe to go I would advise booking early as I have a feeling they will be very busy with all the foreign travel restrictions.

Okta

The C&CC say they will refund deposits if they have to cancel the bookings they are accepting, I think July onwards has remained available throughout. The C&MC are also taking bookings but I have heard of people making multiple bookings with them throughout July, August and September so that they have covered all eventualities. I think it is time the C&MC started taking deposits to encourage people to only make bookings they intend to keep.

Jenrai

@Okta I have made 2 online bookings for July and August but out of habit I paid in full which now I think about it was a daft idea. The C&CC offices are closed so I cant make amendments. Hope they open soon.

Okta

@Okta I have made 2 online bookings for July and August but out of habit I paid in full which now I think about it was a daft idea. The C&CC offices are closed so I cant make amendments. Hope they open soon.
I am sure you will get a refund if they are closed.

Last edited:

maja07

Well...we've booked an independent site near Skipton for 6th July. Then a CL over a weekend (just got last space) immediately followed by two more independents later in July, just running into the school summer hols. Paid deposit at just one of these...the rest either knew us or accepted booking anyway without deposit. So, August...it's either "adult only" CL's/sites or the back garden at home until schools back. That'll do till September.....might be a "meet" by then... hopefully that Lancashire/Yorkshire border one !!! Hint Hint !!!! Maja