Can any recommend a Pub Stop on the way from Scotland to the Eurotunnel please?

V1nny

I'm driving from West Lothian to the Eurotunnel soon, probably via the A1/ M1/ M25/ M20, and I expect the journey to take about 10 hours driving in total (despite what Google Maps say). I was planning to do 6 - 7 hours the first day and would like to find a good pub in a safe location, with room for an 8.3 metre long motorhome, to stop at overnight.

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.Route.JPG

Last edited:
I'm driving from West Lothian to the Eurotunnel soon, probably via the A1/ M1/ M25/ M20, and I expect the journey to take about 10 hours driving in total (despite what Google Maps say). I was planning to do 6 - 7 hours the first day and would like to find a good pub in a safe location, with room for an 8.3 metre long motorhome, to stop at overnight.

We’re leaving fri night /sat morning from livi to Canterbury prior to tunnel crossing maybe cross paths?Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.View attachment 46118

Route.JPG
Thanks for the suggestions to date.
Can anyone recommend anywhere more towards the southern end of my route please?

You might like to consider this route
I think it easier if slightly longer (25 miles) but avoids the Dartford crossing
It uses M25 anticlockwise which can have slowdowns
Overnighting near Maidenhead has 3 possibilities
1 Stroud Farm (£6) CAMC pub withing walking distance (just - The George Holyport Green..not on Mondays)
2 White Hart Holyport (pub) on POI
3 Dumb bell Pub on POI
Easy trip from Maidenhead to Canterbury (during the day) 2 hrs or so

You might like to consider this route
I think it easier if slightly longer (25 miles) but avoids the Dartford crossing
It uses M25 anticlockwise which can have slowdowns
Overnighting near Maidenhead has 3 possibilities
1 Stroud Farm (£6) CAMC pub withing walking distance (just - The George Holyport Green..not on Mondays)
2 White Hart Holyport (pub) on POI
3 Dumb bell Pub on POI
Easy trip from Maidenhead to Canterbury (during the day) 2 hrs or so
Thanks. I will take a look at that route.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back