Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Admin

Administator

Orkney Adventure 2021 18th - 23rd June 2021

BOOKINGS FOR THIS RALLY HAVE CLOSED.

These are the details of the Wild Camping Orkney Solstice Rally.

Some key points:

The dates are five nights 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd of June 2021.
  • There are 40 places. 28 with electric hookup, 12 without.
  • You must book for the whole five nights, there is no discount for fewer nights.
  • Electric pitches cannot be booked as non-electric pitches, you have to pay the full price.
  • The campsite is right on the coast.
  • We have the whole campsite.
  • No open fires are allowed on the campsite.
  • You may only book a pitch for yourself, you cannot book pitches for other members. (i.e. "Can you add me and George, Bungle and Zippy to the list")
  • Pitches will be chosen by members in the order that they joined this list. (except for special circumstances or disabilities)

The meet will be held at the Point of Ness campsite.

Point of Ness Campsite,
Stromness,
Orkney,
KW16 3DW

Google maps view of the campsite

Pitches available

There are 28 electric pitches @ £17.00 per night
There are 12 standard pitches @ £14.00 per night (SOLD OUT)

*** Electric pitches cannot be booked as non-electric pitches, you have to pay the full price ***

Campsite fees will have to be paid in advance as I have to pay the booking fee in advance.

This really is a great price to stay on a campsite on Orkney on one of their peak weeks.

Ferry Crossings

I am currently negotiating a discount. The Ferry Company do not release the discount codes until April. We expect to hear from them before mid-April. Sorry, but there is nothing we can do to change this.

Paying for the campsite

The cost is £85.00 for an electric pitch for 5 nights.
This is a saving of £24.50 off 2021 site prices or £53.00 if you have an awning.
The cost is £70.00 for a standard pitch for 5 nights. This is a saving of £18.50 off 2021 site prices or £47.00 if you have an awning.

The money has to be paid in advance.

PayPal link to pay click here

You must pay as soon as I have confirmed your booking to secure your place.

I am personally collecting the money and I am personally responsible for the bill. If you do pay and need to drop out of the meet, you will get a refund if there is a reserve to take your place.

Your name on the list will then be updated to (PAID). Please note that you must be a Full Member to attend this meet.

Pitch Allocation

Pitches are allocated based on pitch number. I will work down the list asking members to choose the pitch they want (if still available). Members with special needs may be allocated EMPTY SPACES closer to the facilities.

Pitch.png

PitchMember NamePitchMember NamePitchMember NamePitchMember Name
1 (E,H)Old man down11 (E,H)Exwindsurfer21 (D,E,G)Nutts31 (E,G,S)Hayhiker
2 (E,H)Izwozral12 (E,H)Rugbyken22 (D,E,G)Raptor10732 (E,G,S)The Hawk
3 (E,H)DaveAdele13 (E,H)Tribute1123 (H)Saxonborg33 (E,G,S)Peter51
4 (E,H)Minisorella14 (E,H)Joy ZigZag24 (H)Trotter34 (G,S)Glenn
5 (E,H)RichardHelen26215 (E,G)AvalonAdventures25 (H)Alwaysared35 (G,S)Kevlakes
6 (E,H)Horace16 * (E,G)Nomad26 (H)Greengrass36 (G)SquirrelCook
7 (E,H)RoaminRog17 (E,G)Johnny Boy27 (G,S)Ian & Cath37 (G)
8 (E,H)Biggarmac18 (E,G)Catch5528 (E,G,S)Chrisb170438 (G)
9 (E,H)Lee19 (E,G)Scotia29 (E,G,S)Burstner Boy39 (G)Shabbins
10 (E,H)Philip Tomlinson20 (E,G)Tim12030 (E,G,S)Ferenza40 (G)
KEY:

E = Electric pitch
H = Hard standing pitch
G = Grass pitch
S = Short pitch max vehicle length = 7.5m
D = Disabled (closer to facilities) please only take one of these if you need to
* = Pitch 16 is a corner pitch so is not suitable for big vans.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Hi,

This camp has now been rebooked for 2021.

The pitch fees have increased by £2.50 per night to cover increases in the fee paid to Orkney Council and the increase in insurance fees.

All those who had pitches booked for 2020 have had those pitches reserved for this camp. If you wish to retain your booking you MUST follow the instructions and pay by PayPal the 23rd August 2020. Any pitch not paid for by then will be released for members to book. All pitches must be paid for by 31st August 2020 as I have to pay for them on 1 September 2020.

If you do not want your pitch please let me know as I am sure they will be snapped up quickly.

I will reopen this thread at midday on 23rd August 2020.

Phil

Last edited:
Hi,

This camp has now been rebooked for 2021.

The pitch fees have increased by £2.50 per night to cover increases in the fee paid to Orkney Council and the increase in insurance fees.

All those who had pitches booked for 2020 have had those pitches reserved for this camp. If you wish to retain your booking you MUST follow the instructions and pay by PayPal the 23rd August 2020. Any pitch not paid for by then will be released for members to book. All pitches must be paid for by 31st August 2020 as I have to pay for them on 1 September 2020.

If you do not want your pitch please let me know as I am sure they will be snapped up quickly.

I will reopen this thread at midday on 23rd August 2020.

Phil

Hello,

The are currently no travel restrictions in Scotland or Orkney and non-essential travel is allowed. Campsites are open on Orkney and there are currently no issues with the rally going ahead.

Transport Scotland has not yet reinstated the travel sponsorship program so Northlink cannot offer us a discounted rate, this may change over the coming weeks. Pentland ferries are considering a discount and should let me know within a week.

Phil

A pitch has become available for this camp. Please post in this thread if you are interested. First come first served.

the mini meets planned stop for tomorrow night wully recommended the fish & chips

Got motorhome mot habitation check both passed pack van to come away today sod's law got an electrical issue took it to garage found a bad electrical socket trying to source one tomorrow should have been on 1330 ferry from Gills Bay will phone in the morning hopefully get on one later 😒😒😒

Have a safe journey everyone. Our trip to Orkney with this group was a great success and meet many new friends. I even met a lassie fae Peterhead, who had moved back to Orkney, that I hadn't seen for years

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back