Car Prices

I checked the car price on We Buy Any Car just under 2 months ago [hardly using it, about 650 miles last year], partly to see if I had insured it for enough. Initial offer was £11,845 but when I didn't accept the offer, I had 3 further 'Your vehicle is now worth more messages' ... Should probably have checked the increase, but I couldn't be bothered with the follow up emails trying to complete the sale

Steve

Interesting how things were.

View attachment 65160
it is interesting how the prices of some shot up compared to others. I think the model vs price is not the whole story (e.g. in 1955, Velox was cheaper than the Victor. By 1958, it was 30% more expensive. And the Wolseley 6/90 was same as Victor but three years later was 50% more).

PS. I think Trevskoda pays less now for a Skoda Octavia then they were in 1956 :)

Yep £10 for my last one at 7 years old, i got 15 years out of it and sold on for £600, im not tight or anything, just careful with money. 😂
Naw, Trev, just short arms and very deep pockets makes accessing the cash a challenging exercise ... You should change your Forum Name to Titus A. Duxass, and set up a U Bend Channel, with me as your Tech Manager ... :rolleyes: 'Incompetent but Cheap' Management Consultants Inc. Proprietor Tudor Bush, inexpertly assisted by Anita Bush ...

Steve

Yep £10 for my last one at 7 years old, i got 15 years out of it and sold on for £600, im not tight or anything, just careful with money. 😂
That’s a good trick Trev, getting 15 years out of something you only had half that time. Must have driven it very hard 😂😂😂

Okay before you notice (I won’t edit) I am blind, I read bought 7 years ago instead of what you typed, at 7 years old lol

Can somone tell me something that has come down in price?.
Technology.

Compare the price of a given size of TV year by year.
Computers ... the cost of computers is constantly falling dramatically, but it is not so noticable as the specifications that are promoted increase so much, so what was cutting edge one year is standard two years later and entry level 2 years after that.

That’s a good trick Trev, getting 15 years out of something you only had half that time. Must have driven it very hard 😂😂😂

Okay before you notice (I won’t edit) I am blind, I read bought 7 years ago instead of what you typed, at 7 years old lol
Nah, he bought it when HE was 7 years old (but back then in 1926, Skodas were even cheaper :) )

A 20p postage stamp is still 20p but.......!
Premium bonds still £1
Sixpenneth of chips still 6p but only 1chip.
Raffle tickets still £1 a strip.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back