Caravan and Camping Club cs's

Q. Are non-members permitted to camp onsite?
arrow-down.gif
A. The Club’s network of CSs are for the exclusive use of Club members. Non-members must join the Club prior to camping onsite.

Officially no but some CS`s will let you stay because at the end of the day not many can afford to turn money away.

I have found that the basic ones I stay at, probably 10% ask if I am a member and look at my membership card. I think most are just happy to get your fee for the night.
Not sure about the posh/expensive ones though...

K ;)

Joining is still good value.
It's cheaper if you get the monthly magazine online.
You get access to cheap weekend and holiday meets, even at peak times.
10% discount on Ferry fares, means we're in for nothing.

Certainly worth joining..
We chose C&CC rather than the now CAMC have been a member for 9 years and regard it as a sort of insurance.
Too stingy to join both........ but many do belong to both

I happened across one late in the day, I saw that it was a CS and was turning around to exit when the owner stopped me and asked if I wanted to stay - money talks ?. We were the only ones on site

We belong to both.

My wife isn't comfortable with wild camping and so it widens our choice.

We are in both. Having spent tens of thousands on a van the subs are a very small amount to have flexibility in using it. We don’t often use sites but it’s great to have the choice occasionally. There are very good discounts available from both memberships, and when these are taken into account the memberships actually cost very little.
Some of the small sites are really nice and we’ve very rarely found them to be full, often having a delightful location to ourselves.
I really don’t like the regimentation of the large club sites, but have found the Caravan and Motorhome Club sites to be friendlier and less officious in general. C and MC also have many more small sites than C and CC.

We're in both but do prefer to wild camp.

For us, it is not about saving money.

We're just anti-social beggars, and prefer the solitude of a remote park up.

Many of the National Forest sites have no-overnight parking signs. If they had a membership scheme where one could pay an annual fee and get an overnight parking permit that would suit us to a tee.

Sorry, wandered slightly off topic there. In light of the above, I meant to say "therefore we prefer the small site's network"

I have found that the basic ones I stay at, probably 10% ask if I am a member and look at my membership card. I think most are just happy to get your fee for the night.
Not sure about the posh/expensive ones though...

K ;)
I stayed at a very basic one (no showers, outside loo, outside sink for washing dishes, did have EHU) when going to the NEC MH Show last month.
I was asked for and showed my (out of date) CCC Card and the number noted down, but I got the impression that if I had not have been a member, I could have stayed anyway.

Thanks everyone.
We prefer wildcamping too but a small site can be very useful sometimes.
We are already members of the c&mh club as they seem to have more small sites and they are slightly cheaper but cannot afford both hence the question.

We're in both but do prefer to wild camp.

For us, it is not about saving money.

We're just anti-social beggars, and prefer the solitude of a remote park up.

Many of the National Forest sites have no-overnight parking signs. If they had a membership scheme where one could pay an annual fee and get an overnight parking permit that would suit us to a tee.

Sorry, wandered slightly off topic there. In light of the above, I meant to say "therefore we prefer the small site's network"

The new forest does this, affiliated to camping & caravan club and locations are beautiful!!!
Oh and make sure u oggle the Ferrari and Maserati garage in lyndhurst. A sight for sore eyes?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back