Carriers, couriers good or bad?

Vanterrier

Have you noticed that carriers have the ability to deliver anything that's not urgent, early or at least on time, but when you are in a hurry for something they can find multiple ways of slowing things down?
Tracking always works until you really need it and the only stuff to get damaged or lost in transit are those things you want now. And of course they are the only parcels that you forgot or decided not to fully insure.
Or is all this just the appliance of Sod's law?

Who is the worst in your experience?

K grrrr...

Rant over, sorry ;)

Last edited:
Generally they are good

Except .....

Hermes, who never fail to meet our expectations of failure.

My Favourite is DPD. Always reliable, always helpful (my regular driver helped me remove my T5 dashboard on his delivery run :) )

Generally they are good

Except .....

Hermes, who never fail to meet our expectations of failure.

My Favourite is DPD. Always reliable, always helpful (my regular driver helped me remove my T5 dashboard on his delivery run :) )

Herpes, a cause of great irritation. The only courier that has delivered straight to our recycling bin. Oh yes. They may leave a message through the door to say where it is, but not much comfort when you arrive back after Bin collection!

Our local Hermes delivery driver is brilliant, so are Yodel and DPD, in fact I can't complain about the service from any couriers who deliver to us. :)

I could and would have complained to whoever the delivery firm it was that knocked on our door on Tuesday morning at 5-30 and when we got up there was no one there!! :mad:?

My one experience of Hermes was excellent...
Purchased an Item Monday am..Delivered to a Shop in Perth by 2pm Tuesday.
Given our roaming lifestyle delivery to one of their many agencies within a shop is best for us (often a post office)
You either get a text or email to say it has arrived or you can check online.
It seems to me that getting things delivered to a shop/pickup point is more reliable as they are always able to receive and you can collect as suits you !

DPD often try to deliver our parcels to the wrong block of flats. However I think the problem is lazy reliance on post code address finders, the first address listed is Flat 1 in another block of flats and the sender selects this without checking it properly.

Panther Group https://www.panthergroup.co.uk/ To say they are useless is a massive understatement o_O

In all my years working in the transport / logistics industry i`ve never know such a shambolic, pathetic, waste of space as this shower of shyte.

We ordered an item from Dunelm that was not in stock at the store so we paid for Large Item delivery £9.95 which we was told would be within 3 working days.

4 weeks later we had still not had delivery despite getting texts and emails each morning giving an ETA and the drivers name.

Then 10 - 15 minutes later more texts and emails saying there was a problem with delivery and they would be in touch to rearrange it.

My local Panther Group warehouse didn`t recognise the consignment number and just said to get in touch with head office or Dunelm.

Even after cancelling the order at Dunelm and getting refunded they still kept sending texts and emails saying delivery was due that morning.

We eventually got refunded and bought the item elsewhere who had it delivered by Parcelforce the next morning free of charge.

Hermes are the worst I’ve ever came across if I find out that my delivery has been farmed out to them I feel like cancelling my order worse than useless. But that might just be my area depo our DPD driver great and Amazon are even better.

Yodel used to be excellent up here but since being taken over by Menzies they have gone downhill rapidly. Hermes never even bother to knock, they simply leave parcels in our shed and push a note through the door. The other day I opened the door as he was putting the note through and he was really taken aback!

Hermes are the worst I’ve ever came across if I find out that my delivery has been farmed out to them I feel like cancelling my order worse than useless. But that might just be my area depo our DPD driver great and Amazon are even better.
Interesting comment about Amazon? They use a whole range of Couriers, including Hermes.
(he generator I got from Amazon was delivered - eventually - by Hermes. Every day the status was "Arriving by 8PM" for a week. In the end I got £80 compensation for the delay :)
Another buy from Amazon was a pair of speakers. Sent via Hermes and again every day was "arriving today". Got a full refund (in fact, MORE than I paid) and told if the speakers arrive to keep them (which they did and which I did).

So maybe in hindsight, Hermes should be my Favourite Courier? :LOL:

For some reason, where I am the Hermes rep only delivers on a Sunday :rolleyes: . Last Package OH had via Hermes was 2 weeks late (and of course delivered on a Sunday). Too late so told seller to arrange to be collected again. He used Hermes again (never learns!) and that was collected late (of course).

My oddest experience was when I ordered a battery from Alpha.

Ordered on the Friday to be delivered on the Monday, as I was leaving on the Tuesday for a trip up north.
Nothing had arrived by early afternoon on Monday so I gave Alpha a call to check the progress - they had to call me back

It seems that the Courier had lost the battery !!
Now we are talking of a 225Ahr - 38kg battery here, so not easy to lose i would have thought !!

I immediately cancelled the order but was told that a replacement had been shipped to be delivered next day.
After some persuading and the offer of a further discount - I delayed my trip slightly to take collection.

I have no idea if any of the story i was told was the truth but but it was definitely an odd tale to hear.

Well I never even mentioned Hermes...

However, my latest problem is with guess who? Yep....... HERMES!

I arranged collection for Monday ( to fit with my vendors preferences)
Hermes left a card with them to say they had tried to collect. The Vendor was in all day! Hermes did not use the mobile number they had for the vendor and he arranged recollection next day after calling them ( shouldn't have had to do that)
They collected Tuesday around 8.00 although their tracking did not show collection had been made until Wednesday and said collection was at 10.32.
Tracking has been stuck at " at national depot" since then.
I was hoping they would catch up their schedule and deliver by their stated " no later than 14th" .... Er, No.

It's not finished yet of course, they still have time to lose it.

If I had said, no hurry lads, anytime will do, I probably would have had it Tuesday.

K :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back