CBE panel readings?

Vanterrier

Readying my van for this years first outing I noticed some odd readings on the CBE panel...

Everything in the van switched off...(everything appears to work ok when they are switched on)

Switch panel on and test battery, voltage ok but a 0.5 amp load shows ???

Now turn on water main switch and load increases to 1.0 amp.

Now turn on lights main switch and load changes to 1.5amp.

I cannot figure out why the load should increase just by turning the main switches on with nothing actually switched on?

Could I have a parasitic draw? But why would the load change depending on which main switch is on?

Does the panel itself need some kind of reset or calibration?

I have not yet tested the battery with a meter.

Any ideas, suggestions?

K

If it's like mine, a large display with a row of buttons across the top and bottom, then you can adjust the zero current offset. Check out the instruction book to guide you through the menus.
You may wish to measure the current at the battery to confirm there is no parasitic loss. Many DVMs will read up to 10amps directly.
Don't know if you have solar or how it's configured but probably worth pulling the solar input fuse first.

OK, tested at battery with Solar fuse out and mains charger disconnected and have no parasitic draw. Good.

Checked panel again and repeated previous results. Sad.

Reset Amperage reading to zero using method in manual.

Switched on panel with water and lights switches on (my normal settings when pitched up) and reading zero. Good

Turned water and light switches off then tested and now see positive amperage readings. Hmmm...

So, I am happy that in normal mode with water and light main switches on I will see zero and any loads from switching appliances etc on will be true loads.

However, I'm still a bit miffed that I don't know why switching the main switches on create a load reading.

K:(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back