CCC THS rallies

What's a THS rally??

Temporary Holiday Site. Run by CCC local groups. The volunteers who run them normally have a lot of information about the local area. They always have elsan disposal and potable water. Some are on campsites with all facilities. Cost can be as little as £7 a night for the whole family.

The Cornish DA have a few THSs this year. Here's the a link to the calendar for anyone who's both a C&CC member and interested: (Clicky Link) @Biggarmac is right about the price. A few years ago when Jan and I had a trailer caravan, we attended a DA rally at one end of Porth Beach Holiday Park while the Caravan Club had a rally at the other. Caravan Club members were paying over twice the £7.50 we paid for essentially the same facilities!

Yes temporary holiday site run for a month usually but just stay the time you want, we took the bus to Weymouth today love the bus pass hee beautiful day plenty to do and see here cruise ships at anchor in the bay boat trips to see them if you like, 2 Whether spoon pubs open and Greggs for the compulsory pastie or sausage roll yum yum. Car park on the Quay side motorhomes area £8 all day free after 6 pm free overnight after 6 pm BUT No sleeping in vehicles allowed daft or what? Super day out, walking the beach later after dinner.

IMG_20210615_134307.jpgIMG_20210615_133447.jpgIMG_20210615_133354.jpgIMG_20210615_134523.jpgIMG_20210615_133032.jpg

This is the site we are on Manor Farm Burton Bradstock nr West Bay and Bridport bus stop out side gate huge field plenty of room many water taps around the field Elson dump and rubbish skips £11 per night all in the farm has a small site adjacent with electric hook up, but who needs that, next door to us is a large commercial site, swimming pool bar club etc but that costs an arm and a leg, we can sneak in however naughty boy!! The village has 2 good pubs and a few shops. A big Morrisons store at West Bay for all you need bus goes there or a big parking there , so all in all a good place to be. More Motorhomes than Caravans on site too.

IMG_20210615_175245.jpgIMG_20210615_175229.jpgIMG_20210615_175224.jpgIMG_20210615_175220.jpgIMG_20210615_175216.jpg

The Cornish DA have a few THSs this year. Here's the a link to the calendar for anyone who's both a C&CC member and interested: (Clicky Link) @Biggarmac is right about the price. A few years ago when Jan and I had a trailer caravan, we attended a DA rally at one end of Porth Beach Holiday Park while the Caravan Club had a rally at the other. Caravan Club members were paying over twice the £7.50 we paid for essentially the same facilities!
DA being ?

If you have to ask you probably don't need to know!

DA = "District Association". Every Camping and Caravanning Club member is automatically put into a DA depending on where they live. However, you can opt for a different DA and all C&CC members can attend rallies put on by any of the DAs. Here's a link on the C&CC web page with a list of DAs.
Not sure what first sentence means ?
Vaguely curious about THS's , not interested in rallies or meets

That in reply to my comment, "If you have to ask you probably don't need to know!"

Quite simply, if you are a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club you probably already know what "DA" means because that term appears on your membership card. Thus if you have to ask, you are probably not a member and so cannot make use of THSs, rallies and meets and hence don't need to (as opposed to wish to) know. Here's further info from the club website.

That in reply to my comment, "If you have to ask you probably don't need to know!"

Quite simply,if you are a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club you probably already know what "DA" means because that term appears on your membership card. Thus if you have to ask, you are probably not a member and so cannot make use of THSs, rallies and meets and hence don't need to (as opposed to wish to) know. Here's further info from the club website.
Just had a look at my membership card and you are absolutely correct .
Bizarrely I had never read my card previously !

THSs, meets and rallies are all essentially the same thing. Plenty of people go to them as a value for money way to camp, not for any social activities. Others go for the social aspects.
The CCC has an app for members to find this sort of camping its called "Out & About".
All THSs, Meets and Rallies will have potable water and black water disposal.

We have just arrived at another THS at Colyton Devon field near the Seaton tramway bus stops in the village, £8.50 per night here great value 4th rally in a row now so easy nice flat field, short walk to the villa ge plenty of shops and fresh sea food available, so that is tea taken care of

IMG_20210617_125740.jpgIMG_20210617_125724.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back