Changes to my waste dump

Looks good but beware when you reverse against a kerb you may smash it off as it will hit the kerb before your rear. wheel does.

I have a couple of flexi hoses tied to the underside which have rubber ends which can push over the normal offside outlet. One is routed to the nearside, the other to a central point. So I have the option of offside, nearside or central drop by simply popping on (or not) a hose before opening the valve. The ends just tuck neatly behind the valve when not in use.
Nice to see someone else adapting their outlet
K ;)

It was in the centre of the van with a long handle coming out st the side, on the picture it was on the left where the shower trap is now

It was in the centre of the van with a long handle coming out st the side, on the picture it was on the left where the shower trap is now
Sounds the same as my Pilote was from the factory.
Thankfully the dealer modifies all the new models they have before selling so now have an approx 1 1/2 “ pipe and valve at side that’s works a treat. You can see the original dump handle to left of new pipework.

E8F56B28-C521-4ADD-AC14-35C1CB257EC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Like mine, yours looks quite low. Have you had any problems with either reversing on low kerbs etc, or with emptying

Looks a good job, however I have seen a few knocked off go kerbs and tree stumps. If I were you, I would alter it to drop out between the front and rear wheel, ideally just to the front of the rear wheel
Better now while you are at home with the facilities, than when you are away
I got under the can again today, armed with 2x 45degree bends. The problems I encountered were things like handbrake cables and other fairly low slung things. The result is I have trimmed as far as I can the brackets and measured the distance I have 6" clearance.
Once again thanks for the advice and I hope I don't live to regret not taking it.
At least i am well aware of it now

My Chausson is low at the rear , it has a spare wheel carrier underslung at the rear and 2 boxes which contain the leisure batteries under the off side rear below the access hatch. I have to be careful when reversing on to a kerb to park in some situations, luckily the spare wheel Carrier scrapes the kerb first so I know I am too low in these situations , I modified my waste outlet some time ago, it is now a flexible hose corrugated and I have fitted a valve at the discharge end so all is good for emptying, although I cannot get a bucket under it but use a domestic washing up bowl if I want to drain it out , other than over a drain, this is and always was between the front and rear wheels off side so no problem with that catching on the kerb when reversing.
The van did have an electric drain valve too but over the years this failed so I took it off, the switch and wiring is still in situ so I could refit a new valve if I wanted too but it is all ok as it is so I will not bother .

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back