Charging an Ecoflow Delta 2

mikewroe

I am using an Ecoflow as a UPS. It has been connected inline between the EHU external point and the onboard consumer unit.

The Ecoflow will accept a max solar charge rate of 15amps which is way below my Sterling B2B 30amp unit.
The question I am pondering, if I tap into the junction box from the solar output before the Victron controller can I feed this lower current (175w roof panel + 110W folding panel) straight to the Ecoflow?
I am hoping the Victron controller will prevent the B2B current being back fed through to the Ecoflow.

Many thanks

EcoFlow makes an 800w battery-to-battery charger for the Delta range. I have tried the unit, and it has some good features. You can connect it directly to your starter battery, and the unit can also reverse charge the start battery at 60A if you need it to.

It is on the pricey side at £329, but it comes with all the cables and fuses. The Victron Orion XS 50A sells for around £300, so the price is pretty similar

Interesting that the Alternator Charger states it will charge at 76 amps, where as the Ecoflow input is listed as around 13amps max.
Slightly academic as i just want to use the current system i have.

Screenshot_20240707_213549_Chrome.jpg

Interesting that the Alternator Charger states it will charge at 76 amps, where as the Ecoflow input is listed as around 13amps max.
Slightly academic as i just want to use the current system i have.

View attachment 73522
The 76A charging is via the battery expansion port on the side of the Delta 2.

If you want to charge via the XT60 solar/12v port on the Delta 2 you can charge at 500w. To do this you need a buck-boost to increase your alternator output (at the starter battery) to 35v-60v. You can get units that have voltage-sensing so that they only charge whilst the engine is running.

If you want to use solar you can but make sure the panels have the same voltage if connecting in parallel. If you connect the panels in series make sure that the open collect voltage of the combined panels does not exceed 60v.

Thanks Admin for the input and links, but I feel this post has gone way off topic. Hopefully someone with a similar setup can answer my original question.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back