Charging batteries

Carrotts

Hi all. Me again. Oh no he's on about batteries again. (Wildebus)he he. Ok had the two leisure plus veh battery replaced. Have read loads of threads on charging. Factory fitted. Victor. Etc. How do you know what charges the batterys on your mh. I.e. Simple factory fitted or previous owner fitted extras or !!!!!!!!!!!! Easy to say look under bonnet. But unless it has a big label saying what it is. I would not know what I am looking at . Would like something that charges the veh batt when mobile and switches to leisure keepingall fully charged. Have read factory fitted only charge 60%.
See my thread on touring Scotland November anyone on my route knows or supplies fits. Cheaper then garages Would be interested.

How do you know? if you have bought second-hand sometimes the only way to tell often is look. what kind of "black box" is near your leisure battery? That might tell you? not sure? take photos and post them up here for comments? :)

Factory Fitted only charge 60%? I guess that would be in relation to a charging system in a system like a Sargent EC155 for example ( a very common Motorhome fitting) where the Mains Charger puts out a constant 13.6V (not enough to fully charge a battery).
To fully charge a battery you typically (lead acid) need to be providing around 14.4V. From Driving, the only way to get really close to that is using a B2B charger as an alternator will rarely have that level of voltage output; From Mains, you really need an intelligent battery charger to get the right algorithm; From Solar, most decent Solar Controllers will deliver the levels needed, with the better ones getting more out of the panels.

If you are on the east side of the Borders travelling between Edinburgh and Newcastle you could drop in on me if you wanted and I could have a look?

Hi. wildebus that's sounds interesting. Could change my route from m6 Glasgow Perth to a1. Edinburgh. perth. Thinking of travelling up thurs pm 31oct. So depending on where you are availability etc. Could call in on the fri sat sun.

Hi. wildebus that's sounds interesting. Could change my route from m6 Glasgow Perth to a1. Edinburgh. perth. Thinking of travelling up thurs pm 31oct. So depending on where you are availability etc. Could call in on the fri sat sun.
those dates are fine. I'm around 15 miles from Berwick-on-Tweed and around 50 south of Edinburgh.
If some one is travelling up to Edinburgh from English East Coast on the A1, the two main choices are staying on the A1 and do the coastal route, or coming off either at Morpeth to take the direct route through Wooler and then Coldstream, or turn inland at Berwick to take a direct route. The Morpeth option takes you within 2 miles of me on your way to Auld Reekie :)

Hi. Thinking. Could poss be at yours 11 /12 midday on fri 1nov if I needed the b2b and the 240v charger. Would you have. How long. How much ball park. Hope I am not abusing the thread / forum with this. Cheers ,brian

Hi. Thinking. Could poss be at yours 11 /12 midday on fri 1nov if I needed the b2b and the 240v charger. Would you have. How long. How much ball park. Hope I am not abusing the thread / forum with this. Cheers ,brian
Hi. I'll PM you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back