Charging onboard Lithium battery after swapping existing leisure battery

If your motorhome has a Bosch alternator (most Sevel and Iveco vans do) then it will most likely have a Bosch cr719 IC controlling it. This voltage regulator cuts the charge current down if the alternator gets above 150c which is a perfectly safe temp for the alternator. If it has a different brand or a an old alternator it may be worth checking.
Thanks for info Phil, I'll check it out, this is Fiat Ducato 2.3 2017.

You will notice that they do not have a starter battery in the circuit here, this is really only relevant to boats. If you look at the Cyrix-Li wiring instructions they use it as a B2B.

View attachment 51259
Now this is more like it. My description of charging the leisure battery via alternator is that all the multiple connectors on the starter battery, and there's a few, feed the habitation battery stc.

Perhaps the Cyrix-Li-ct and the Victron can be connected prior to connecting the Li-Ion battery. Also useful to take a short and direct connection to the Victron monitor.

The following query arise: What is the circuit for when on hook-up. It then feeds both the starter and the leisure batteries.

I have tried in vain to get a manual for the habitation part of the Chausson 93.It was easy to download a manual for the Ducato. For interest this is also rebadged as a Peugeot.

Now this is more like it. My description of charging the leisure battery via alternator is that all the multiple connectors on the starter battery, and there's a few, feed the habitation battery stc.

Perhaps the Cyrix-Li-ct and the Victron can be connected prior to connecting the Li-Ion battery. Also useful to take a short and direct connection to the Victron monitor.

The following query arise: What is the circuit for when on hook-up. It then feeds both the starter and the leisure batteries.

I have tried in vain to get a manual for the habitation part of the Chausson 93.It was easy to download a manual for the Ducato. For interest this is also rebadged as a Peugeot.

Hope that this helps

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back