Charity List

Reiverlad

I finally have had a chance to examine the list of charities under consideration for monthly donations.
Since I cannot comment on the list now, I feel i need to make a point.
Of the 20 charities on the list,
12 operate UK wide
4 are what I would describe as area specific
But the remaining 4 are what i consider to be the most contentious as they only operate in England and Wales
The nominated charities of British Heart Foundation, Royal British Legion, RSPCA & National Kidney Foundation all have a scottish equivalent which would be excluded from receiving anything.

The list was compiled from members suggestions, the members can now decide which charities they would like us to support.

I fully understand how the list was compiled but I feel that some members might be unaware that the scottish equivalent of those well known names - would receive nothing.
It may help in a charity nomination

AFAICT, the Royal British Legion provides support for Scots and those residing in Scotland. Also AFAICT the Royal British Legion Scotland is a part of the Legion as a whole and would benefit from any donations.

Looking at both websites Royal British Legion Scotland appears to be totally seperate from the London one
They appear to be seperate charities.

From what i remember the Albert Hall event is a wholly british legion affair, without the Scots

I've just checked, and the Royal British Legion has a UK charity registration number while the Royal British Legion Scotland has a Scottish one. That said, I suspect they at least work closely together. However, the RBL definitely supports Scots and those who reside in Scotland; a list of those who they support is given on their website here. In contrast, the RBLS (or Legion Scotland) seems to offer a smaller range of support and is mainly targeted at those resident in Scotland.

Without wishing to be contentious, I thought that Scotland was part of Britain

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back