Chausson build quality

Gixer

Free Member

I know everyoe will have their own opinion but wondering what the feel is about these - looking at Chausson Flash 02 [2010] - meets most of my needs and price seems OK, any issues known ? Thanks

Theres quite a few reviews on Google and Youtube if you haven't seen them already?
K ;)

Thanks - I've been looking but wondered of anyone had any strong / useful opinions

I had one and had to seal the cab floor from the body as there was a huge windy gap under there making it always cold. Fixed it with fire-resistant building foam.

Some of the later models have had problems with water ingress in the garage door. If it has a rear lift up door to the garage lift it slowly and listen for water trickling down inside the door.

I know everyoe will have their own opinion but wondering what the feel is about these - looking at Chausson Flash 02 [2010] - meets most of my needs and price seems OK, any issues known ? Thanks
What is the base vehicle?

We have a 2014 510 Chausson, bought when it was a year old. Not had any major problems. One leaking window which was resealed and a failure on the Eberspacher diesel heater one winter. IMHO Chausson is no better and no worse than any of the mass market mid range motorhomes. We bought it because we like the style and layout of the interior , which is usually the most important factor.

Ford Transit
The Ford Transit Mk.7 is somewhat vulnerable to theft. If RHD, the standard Tibbe lock cylinder can be replaced with a different make; if LHD, I am not aware of a replacement cylinder of another make, so aftermarket deadlocks should be fitted to both cab doors. The OBD port should be protected with a lockable steel box (or moved and concealed elsewhere). A standard alarm is linked to the central locking and is disabled if the door lock is picked.
There is a lot of information available about the various vulnerabilities and potential solutions on wildcamping.co.uk as well as some on the motorhomer.com forums, easily found by searching on the keyword: Tibbe.

From what I have heard, the Fiats are just as easy to by pass the security
Maybe they go for Ford as the base vehicle is wanted for commercial reasons
I certainly would not be put off a Ford if the conversion was suitable
Absolutely. Having had one Transit-based motorhome stolen, I replaced it with another (even preferring it over the same, slightly younger Fiat-based model), but I did ensure that this one was appropriately protected.

Weve had a Chausson Flash 10 bought new 2013 with no problems with transit chassis or conversion so would recommend

Chausson, McLouis, Rollerteam are much the same vehicles, decaled differently within the Trigano Group
This could open up your search
I’m on my second Chausson. Currently have a 630. I don’t agree they are the same quality as Rollerteam. I think the Rollerteam is a much cheaper build. I’ve only seen a few McLouis and liked the quality but not the layout. Hope this helps.

Hi. We bought a 530 new 2 years ago on a Ford with the new 2lt Diesel engine and auto box. Have had a couple of issues with it but nothing major and warranty covered those. Has been very reliable to date and would buy another if anything happened to this one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back