Check glow plugs message

Carrerasax

Had this message come up on dash twice yesterday. Seemed slower starting than usual but message only came up after good 60 mile run. Should I be concerned?
Sure the mot & service next month at 31k will sort it or is warning likely to disappear as the one has for indicator failure that has resolved itself?
Need to get out more to warmer climes I feel but not banking in it being anytime soon!!!!

I doubt they would even notice a genuine fault or issue other than consumables during a service.
What you get during a service are fluid changes and a bunch of pre described checks done from a list often carried out by the workshops cheapest employees usually an apprentice PFY.

The vehicle might fail the MOT if a glow plug issues caused the MIL to come on and remain on whilst the vehicle is having its MOT.

Glow plugs can be a pita to diagnose often faults are intermittent, there might be related fault codes that might give a hint but I personally would wait for any fault to become permanent unless covered by a warranty. Once permanent it is much easier for someone to correctly identify if it is a plug, the controller, a duff or discharged starter battery or wiring etc.

If the vehicle is covered by warranty then book it in for this exact issue alongside the service if not sooner but make sure it is booked as a separate issue, don't assume they will check if you just casually mention it when handing over the keys at the time of the service because they may not have the workshop time to spare.

on my last van ,a vw , this warning light covered a few things . i drove with it on for months till i finally found out it was letting me know my rear foglight bulb had failed.it often comes on in my sprinter ,and i've ignored it for 2 years so far . i'm not advising this course of action of course !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back