Child seat position

Val54

We occasionally take the grandkids out in the van, they are 2 and 4. Last time out, one of them wanted to travel with the front seat fully swivelled so that he could face his sister across the table. At the time I said no, but on reflection I'm not sure why not. The child seat attaches to the front captains seat via the seat belt which is fully anchored to the seat and no part of the van. When the seat is rotated through 180 degrees it locks in position. So my question is if the passenger air bag is switched off, is a rearward facing front seat any more dangerous than forward facing? I've checked the government advice and there is nothing to suggest that it would be wrong. Any views?

Off the top of my head (pun intended) I'd want to have a good look at if the head restraint is adequate in a frontal impact.

Off the top of my head (pun intended) I'd want to have a good look at if the head restraint is adequate in a frontal impact.
Agreed but he is sitting in the child seat which is designed to face either way.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back