Chinese Heater

TissyD

I have a chinese diesel heater fitted which has worked perfectly until now. When I switched it off the burner cut out okay but after the fan had run for the cool down it kept on running instead of stopping. I have tried disconnecting the control but that makes no difference and the only way I can stop it is to take the fuse out but as soon as I put it back it kicks in again. Any ideas please?

I thought that but surely it would stop if the panel was disconnected.

sounds like the electronic board is faulty. If so means a new heater almost certainly, as the boards fitted vary and the chances of getting the right replacement is potluck. and cost of testing and repair would be more than a new heater.

I could but unfortunately the panel will not restart if it hasn't reset.

If you've turned it off and the fan is still going, its almost certainly a failed temperature sensor. Easy and cheap fix.
(On LCD displays, the display will show 2 bars of heat even when cold). Search ebay for "diesel heater sensor" and look for temp/temerpature sensor

Youtube shows how to access/change. (example:
but search yourself)

Remove yours, check what it looks like and buy one for <£10.

If display is showing data its unlikley to be ECU

Trivial fix, carry a spare.
(edit: I carry spare gasket, sensor, glowpin, removal tool, pump, filter, gauze, controller (original as I upgraded). <maybe £50 of parts)

Last edited:
Thank you it looks like an easy fix. One ordered now.
As with all things, they need maintenance and spares! Was your display showing 2 temp bars?

I have a chinese diesel heater fitted which has worked perfectly until now. When I switched it off the burner cut out okay but after the fan had run for the cool down it kept on running instead of stopping. I have tried disconnecting the control but that makes no difference and the only way I can stop it is to take the fuse out but as soon as I put it back it kicks in again. Any ideas please?
On my Ebber there are two fuses a light fuse for the control panel and a heavier fuse for the units pre heater and motor, can you follow the heavy cable back to source maybe direct to the vehicle battery or habitation battery, and look for a heavier fuse, when the failed component is removed let us all know whether it has an encapsulated module or a circuit board were components are open to the atmosphere. ?

Last edited:
Chris, I will also go with the failed temperature sensor as your problem, hope you get it sorted soon. Jeff

It has a digital readout, one for the setting and one for the ambient temp.
Ok
If your display was like http://lc4u.nl/articles/diesel-heater.php then the temperature bars in the middle of the heater picture stick with "2" bars lit and the fan keeps running if the temp sensor has gone.
If yours is different, then who knows! Easy swap so lets see....

I have changed the sensor now and the controller is switching the heater on and off but it is showing the error code 09. Does anyone know how to reset it please.

I have changed the sensor now and the controller is switching the heater on and off but it is showing the error code 09. Does anyone know how to reset it please.

Assume you have power-cycled the heater from the main feed/fuse?

Have you jammed the fan when playing with the case? If you've removed/twisted the case then it can easily jam it. Fan should spin freely

EDIT: May depend on version. Error 9 can also be sensor plug is loose, broken or short circuit.... So is it connected correctly, fitted correctly, right way round? http://lc4u.nl/articles/diesel-heater.php

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back