Chip fat

Ah well I guess that's a no to the old Mazola and back to the £1-57.9 at Tesco then

Coming from the landrover world... Where not too long ago there were many many folks running landrover engines on it (generally older the engine the more 'likely' it is to tolerate veg oil depending on the type of injector pump fitted....
(Some have seals made of materials that swell and ruin the pump)

The 200 tdi was tolerant of it.... The old 2 1/4 diesels not so.... Though they would run.... For a while.

Hardly anyone does it now....
Apart from a few tight fisted souls that do such small mileages it wasn't worth the pfaff

And the regular need to degum everything in the fuel system.
The need to warm it for starting/mix it/purge before stopping etc....

And frankly having seen the inside of a good few engines I've worked on....
I wouldn't let it near anything I valued.

I wouldn't go there. Tried it on a Mercedes and spent what we saved on new filters. It ran well enough, till it didn't, if that makes sense.
little things like price of filters can make a big difference.
Fuel Filter on my VW T5 ... £55 (after discount)
Fuel Filter on my VW T4 ... £2 (branded one same as VW OEM)

I wouldn't go there. Tried it on a Mercedes and spent what we saved on new filters. It ran well enough, till it didn't, if that makes sense.
One of the things with vegetable oil and biodiesel is that it will loosen and so remove the crud in your fuel tank etc., Your fuel filter then does its job and filters that crud so it doesn't get into the injectors etc. and so gets clogged. Having to renew fuel filters frequently until the crud has been cleared from your fuel system is part of switching to using biodiesel or vegetable oil. However, IME things go back to 'normal' once that crud is gone.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back