Ci license renewal help

Charles Chodkowski

We are about to renew my wife' driving license - she will be 70 in March. I'm a bit confused about what forms I should get from the DVLA and how We should proceed. Can anyone who has done this recently give me a bit of advice.
Thank you.

You need to order D2 pack available from DVLA. It consists of the D2 Application Form and Medical Form D4.
You carefully fill in form D2. I say carefully because you need to fill in the correct part as it covers everything from initial licence application onwards.
You get your Doctor to fill in form D4. The eye sight section will need to be filled in by an Optician if the Doctor does not or cannot complete eyesight testing.
https://www.gov.uk/dvlaforms

If you use Doctors on wheels.co.uk they carry all the forms you need and fill them in for you there. Worth using them if you have/had no major health problems - cost about £50-60. They also do very basic eye test in with that price.

I was 70 in October 2016 and dvla sent all the paperwork through in September. Because of the age the eye test is free, but if you go to your doctor it’ll be over a hundred, go for the roaming doctor

Doctors4drivers. com
Don’t park at Holiday Inn while having your medical. Long story, including a £100 fine threat.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back