CL sites in C&MHC

Tidewatcher

I am a member of the CMHC club mainly for the odd CL site, always useful as a bolt hole. Having just read their latest magazine, not telling you where but it doesn’t take long, I noticed that there was a long list of CL sites closed in the site update section. It also mentioned that if you book and then cancel a 20% loss will be incurred by the CL owner implying that the CMHC take a 20% non refundable cut. I may be wrong but that is how it looks.

Now I have no problem with that in principle but during these times surely a little flexibility would be in order. Also I assume these sites may not have closed but just deregistered from the CMHC, I assume they have to pay to be listed. If that is the case then they may we’ll still be in existence as independent five pitch sites.

I may have this wrong and am happy to be corrected but that is how it looks to me. Anyone else know different?

The 20% mentioned is the amount the site owner may lose if you don't turn up when you have booked. If they have turned other bookings away they stand to lose one fifth of the possible income from the site. The CMC does not take a cut from the CL. The CMC (and also the CCC) only licence the sites.
Thanks for that, it was difficult to work out what actually happens from the wording of the article. That is comforting news.

You are right that just because they are delisted they may still be trading. We stopped on one in Anglesey that did just that. They were developing the small site and took more than the CL limit

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back