Cleaning GRP

Wully

Can’t remember who it was but someone was asking at the Hereford meet about a cleaner for GRP I have some here but that’s not much good so Ive posted a photo of it maybe they can pick it up somewhere I’ve used this stuff in the past with great results 2BE3BF8B-C1DF-48A8-9169-8315ED578A20.jpegA2538440-7043-4E03-B5BB-BF9CD22AAD2D.jpeg

Amazon were £24 same bottle size ouch Terry if you look at this company’s website they do some cracking deals on grp products I have a trade account so even cheaper less the dreaded vat.?

Amazon were £24 same bottle size ouch Terry if you look at this company’s website they do some cracking deals on grp products I have a trade account so even cheaper less the dreaded vat.?
I know who to ask when I want some;);););)

I’m gonna keep some in the van from now on. someone was asking for it at Hereford I meant to bring it with me it’s still sitting on the kitchen table like an ornament. I’ll try it with my porridge tomorrow

Hi Wully, well I went on the site and it's only £18 + VAT for a 32fl oz container. Problem was that I couldn't buy it until they had called me to let me know
the postage charge. Got a call this morning, very nice chap, and they can only courier it because it is carcenagenic! Cost? £12.50 + VAT- aaargh!
So, because you mentioned it was £24 on Amazon I took a look - I got Amazon Prime which gives me next day free delivery and for the same cost I managed to add the Marine Oxidation Remover (£15). So instead of £32.50 + VAT = £39.00 for the one item I got both for £39.00. It pays to do the research!

Hi Wully, well I went on the site and it's only £18 + VAT for a 32fl oz container. Problem was that I couldn't buy it until they had called me to let me know
the postage charge. Got a call this morning, very nice chap, and they can only courier it because it is carcenagenic! Cost? £12.50 + VAT- aaargh!
So, because you mentioned it was £24 on Amazon I took a look - I got Amazon Prime which gives me next day free delivery and for the same cost I managed to add the Marine Oxidation Remover (£15). So instead of £32.50 + VAT = £39.00 for the one item I got both for £39.00. It pays to do the research!

I tend to use amazon more and more of late, if there’s the slightest problem they have a no quibble guarantee, I ordered a set of tpms for my Hymer, didn’t get to fitting them for about a year, when I did the rechargeable battery in the dash unit was kaput, emailed Amazon, just put it the post for full (and prompt) refund, and the refund was very prompt

Last edited:
Where GRP is used in aviation, the guideline is to avoid waxes/polish that contain silicone, as this makes repairs difficult. A suggested product is 'Carlack'. Good, but not cheap.

Hi Wully.

Thanks for the link, I have sent off for some.

I would like to pass on some info for others. This product comes in 16 fl oz and 32 fl oz sizes, the one from Wullys link is the bigger one. A lot of other places offer the small one at around the same price (especially Marine Chandlerys). A good saving would be for 2 pals to buy the big one and split it between them. The postage cost from Allscot is very reasonable too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back