Cleaning MH aluminium.

EJB

I've cleaned cars, caravans and motorhomes for about 60 years....all my own that is and never had a problem.
My newish to me MH has painted alloy covered sides and rear. There is a definite but irregular haze which I believe is caused by lack of regular cleaning.
At first casual sight it looks perfectly clean. Where water runs down, below window edges etc, the alloy is clean..... the roof is fine!
I've tried everything...except the product that will remove it!
T Cut leaves a slight swirl indicating too deep a cut.
It is only visible at certain angles and lights......Is there an answer or should I just get a life??? :rolleyes: :(

Nexxo 3.jpg

Froodie

You could try hob cleaner not as vicious as TCut. The trouble is though the paint is not very thick so you need to be really careful. I used to get horrible black marks down the side of the Swift until I realised where it was coming from. The windows on the side overlapped the bodywork and the dirt was behind the window. So lifted the windows up and cleaned all the muck out from round them.

wildebus

I find G101 from AutoSmart a very good product for loads of things. Probably worth a go and if it didn't work on that, then it will still b usefuky for countless other jobs so a good investment.
It does work especially well on stainless steel (cooker hoods, sinks, etc.) - and even better when used diluted with warm water instead of cold.

EJB

After a long search I purchased some 'Elbow Grease' at my very local 'Original Factory Shop' and that does seem to offer a slight hope....it's well recommended. Am still in the testing stage....will try and get a decent image weather permitting.
Thanks so far :)

Ldvconvoy

Free Member

Hi, Try Dirt Devil, I have been using this product on my alloys and very impressed. Dirt Devil have a few product ranges for a specific job and can be found on the internet, about £4 or £5.00. Good luck.

EJB

Current situation:-
Black streaks are no problem.
Have tried most normal cleaners.
Now tried 'Elbow grease'.....told that 'Dirt Devil' is similar.
Tried 'Silky'.
Have attached 2 images....very difficult to get a true image.
Shadow is simply as it says.
Haze is the problem area which at this point is split by the Clean run....this is the run of water from the windows etc...it is clean and shiny after a normal wash.
My next experiment is Meths then White Spirit.
However with rain and low temperatures that may well be more than a few days.Panel image Named copy.jpgPanel image named clipped..JPG