Clippy things

Carrerasax

What are these clips at back of garmin sat navs called? And more importantly where do I get a replacement?
Or has someone got a dead sat nav buried somewhere!!!!

What are these clips at back of garmin sat navs called? And more importantly where do I get a replacement?
Or has someone got a dead sat nav buried somewhere!!!!
They differ from model to model, so someone would have to have the right dead one for your purposes.

The clever swivelling and suction mount on my a TomTom failed, albeit after 10years plus..
I found a phone holder in Halfords that does the job about £15.
I also use my phone as a sat nav.
Holder works well on this.
As an aside the TomTom displays landscape.
The phone displays portrait...which I prefer.
The app I use does not require a data link to function.
The maps are more up to date.
Most camping apps allow direct use of locations to be transferred to the satnav app

Google maps doesn't need data either there is a download function, you can download an area almost as big as Scotland and you can download more than one map, the only downfall it doesn't show you where the traffic is held up.

If on your phone have data on as it hardly uses any at all a couple of Mb per day.

Yes lots of options.
Organic maps does basic navigation.
There are situations when a satnav app or satnav has se advantages.
We are spoilt for choice and it comes down to how user friendly you find it

I should buy shares in Google, I like it best of all of them as I can do it all on my laptop or tablet, no typing just ask in the app, and send it to my phone or one of the tablets, you might be able to do it on other apps, but I don't know, and of course it's free, I'm told if you have an iPhone it uses Google, but I could have been misled.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back