Cobra alarm question

SimonM

I’ve got a Cobra alarm fitted to the MH since I bought it 6 years ago. It works as it should, it is setup so when I unlock the MH door with the remote it all switches off fine. To lock the doors without the ultrasonic in operation is also easily done so I can leave Molly locked on occasion when we go shopping.

However, my spare key is not a remote, it unlocks the door and starts the engine fine, but it doesn’t switch off the alarm.

Now, if I knew how to do it long ago I’ve now forgotten, and I don’t have any instructions how to do it. I assume it’s via the small, circular, push button telltale on the dash - but how?

Any ideas?

My Gemini Alarm behaves the same. It came with a special coded dongle to hold on the circular telltale to cancel things if the remote failed. Perhaps your Cobra has something similar.

My last MH had a Cobra alarm and I had a separate dongle for use with the non remote spare key.

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 4600+user+manual.pdf
    224.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Nope, no dongle, nowt. It never had a stand alone fob, it just works off the Fiat key. It’s a 4615P alarm, but I can’t find any info online.

Nope, no dongle, nowt. It never had a stand alone fob, it just works off the Fiat key. It’s a 4615P alarm, but I can’t find any info online.
User manual for the 46xx series. The button on the dash is for emergency overide and it is time consuming especially if the alarm is going off and of course you must have the code at hand. There should be a separate dongle for use with a non remote key. https://synergytradeshop.com/content/Cobra/4600 user manual 06DE3327A.pdf

Last edited:
You should have a card with a code on such as 3523. When alarm sounds you need to press that little button 3 times, pause, 5 times, pause, 3 times, pause then 3 times. This should silence the alarm.
If it is wired to work with the vehicles remote then you don't get a separate fob. There is a procedure to disable the internal sensors so you can leave a dig inside, which uses that little dash button. That is explained in the user manual linked by Rayc

You should have a card with a code on such as 3523. When alarm sounds you need to press that little button 3 times, pause, 5 times, pause, 3 times, pause then 3 times. This should silence the alarm.
If it is wired to work with the vehicles remote then you don't get a separate fob. There is a procedure to disable the internal sensors so you can leave a dig inside, which uses that little dash button. That is explained in the user manual linked by Rayc
If it is wired to work with the vehicles remote then you can still be supplied with a separate fob in addition. That is what I had on mine when I bought it with the alarm already fitted.

In addition the separate fob has a button to disable the internal sensors so is handy for setting the alarm when you are inside or if leaving a dog inside when leaving the van with the alarm set.

If you don’t have the card your 4 digit code will be on a sticker on the front of the alarm control module

It’s a Cobra 4615P. Thanks.

I’ve found the installation paperwork, and the handbook but not the card with the combination number. I’ve decided that if it proves impossible to find a number anywhere then I’ll wait till I’ve actually lost the key and set off the alarm and get the AA out to disconnect it, then I’ll get a new one fitted.

PANIC OVER

well not that I was panicking as such, but, I have found the code number.

The card it was written on got in with the catalyst registration details somehow.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back