convenience foods

Campervanannie;n3528 said:
No scouting for taste young man and as for Keara she is not as fussy as you think she loves Bakers dry food she ate Taya's nearly every day lol.

Tilly likes bakers dry food too !!!

Banned member;n3530 said:
I know she likes other people's food but at home she just walks away , last week she decided she doesn't like butchers chunks anymore so changed her to tripe mix , I think she genuinely likes a big variety unless of course it is real meat then anything goes ,they had lambs hearts no complaints there !

Princess Taya likes chicken and fish she absolutely bad ores salmon bit she does like bakers but is partial to the lamb and rabbit when you can get it lol.

Campervanannie;n1729 said:
They only sell them during their Oktoberfest but I am told sainsbury and waitrose sell them but you can buy them online.

You can buy them at Home Bargains. I like it too.

Billieblue;n3978 said:
You can buy them at Home Bargains. I like it too.

Really thanks for that Carol

Last edited:
When Lidl has their "Taste of Greece" I generally buy a whole slab of the Eridanous gigantes, baked beans (butter beans) in tomato sauce. I don't think I'm the only one as they sell out pretty quickly. Delicious!! :Smiling_Emoji_with_

highlandron;n4109 said:
When Lidl has their "Taste of Greece" I generally buy a whole slab of the Eridanous gigantes, baked beans (butter beans) in tomato sauce. I don't think I'm the only one as they sell out pretty quickly. Delicious!! :Smiling_Emoji_with_

I love butter beans but never seen those, will put them on my must try list.

Herbs and spices, especially those premixed grinders, Tinned tuna and salmon, pasta, cous cous, tin mushroom condensed soup for sauces or as soup. Always carry a pack of baking paper and use it to wrap chicken breast, pork chop, fish after coating with herbs, paprika, whatever spices we fancy. Can then be fried in a pan without making too much mess and keeps it all tender. Used to use a lot of packet rice but cannot eat rice now so that all went ?

Dry spaghetti, pasta sauce and a tin of tuna , that's my back up meal , it's ok , fills the gap. I also carry tinned chunky soup and crackers as a back up.

Pot Noodles - but only chicken & mushroom flavour and I only like the Golden Wonder ones - shop's own brand are horrid.

Reg eats anything and everything. Last Friday he had a Warburtons sliced Toastie loaf (bar one crust) for his tea.

Pasta, boil in the bag rice, Tinned corned beef, ham, tuna, salmon, sardines, stewed steak, various soups, jars of sauces, jam Tinned fruit and cream, Crackers chutneys, custard, biscuits, cup a soups mugshots, jo2's wine beer chocolate teabags coffee sugar and long life milk, Tinned potatoes, carrots,peas, kidney bean..
think I have shop inside the van...lol

Lunnie;n6061 said:
Pasta, boil in the bag rice, Tinned corned beef, ham, tuna, salmon, sardines, stewed steak, various soups, jars of sauces, jam Tinned fruit and cream, Crackers chutneys, custard, biscuits, cup a soups mugshots, jo2's wine beer chocolate teabags coffee sugar and long life milk, Tinned potatoes, carrots,peas, kidney bean..
think I have shop inside the van...lol

What? No baked beans or tinned tomatoes perish the thought. :Smiling_Face_with_T

Sometimes with chips and beans, Sometimes on their own with s & v sometimes on b & b and often with hp brown or Heinz ketchup. However I have them, its always 1/2 doz at a time for me!

Always carry a bottle of Worcestershire sauce, a bottle of good West Indian hot pepper sauce and a jar each of Pataks’ curry paste and a decent red Thai curry paste plus a tub of vegetable bouillon powder. Add some imagination and whatever you can buy or forage and you can have a tasty meal in no time.

A tin of the all day breakfast in baked beans has proved handy on occasion too?

Nobody`s mentioned Fray Bentos pie!!
Served with tinned new potatoes and baked beans!:Ok_Hand_Sign_Emoji:

Attachments

• photo948.jpg
    photo948.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
jo662;n10694 said:

Requires an oven though?
Don't go much on them myself anyway. I quite like flatbreads with tomato paste, herbs onions and cheese on top , grilled to make a cheats pizza.

jo662;n10694 said:

Should be called watery gravy pies cos thats alls in them,any one cought with these should be jailed under the geneva convention.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back