Cost of Supermarket Loyalty Schemes

Had an email from Tesco saying as a CC holder I get double points on purchases between now and 9th January. Good news as it all goes towards Tunnel vouchers.

Had an email from Tesco saying as a CC holder I get double points on purchases between now and 9th January. Good news as it all goes towards Tunnel vouchers.
Humph. I haven't had one.

I use my Tesco CC for everything, I also shop there once or twice a month but in between I use Aldi or Lidl because they are substantially cheaper for some things that we use a lot of - butter, coffee, sardines for the dog - and I like browsing their special buy items.

I've been having problems the last couple of years with coupons expiring before I can use them for ferries or Tunnel so I've joined English Heritage, bought a Senior Railcard and a spare Tesco mobile phone. I did lose ÂŁ4.50 worth when I missed the deadline one quarter.

I've probably got lots of Nectar points somewhere as I joined them when I used to shop in Sainsbury's before they built Tesco and I buy a lot on ebay which is always telling me I've earnt Nectar Points. I really must check.

It's dead simply to convert the nectar points on Ebay to vouchers and then use them on Ebay purchases. I do that whenever I get enough to convert although I am not an avid collector of Nectar tbh.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back