crack in the 90/180

rugbyken

a statement from the president of the alicante region asking that we have reciprocated arrangements ie 180 days in 360 which is what britain offers shengen citizens would make life a lot simpler ?04E86FC3-0021-4A5F-B1E7-F407DD90318F.png

Would the drop-off in visitors have anything to do with Covid? :rolleyes:

I imagine that next year there will be the usual plane-loads of tourists going for their fortnight of fun in the sun. So things may improve for their economy.

Would I want my family, who I love very much, to spend more than 3 months living with me? A bit of a non-excuse IMO.

Imagine that you could visit your holiday home for 180 continuous days: I guess that's the winter taken care of but do you let it stand empty for the rest of the year? Would you need, like Stanley Johnson, to go out every now-and-again to keep it in order? Do you really desire 365 days per year? Tough!

And would motorhomers get p**d off if such an extension was granted to owners of permanent holiday homes but not moveable ones? ;)

I wouldn't get excited about this - Gordon

Problem I see is that we'll have to stay home for 180days before returning where as under 90 days we can return after 90

But one could always do 150 days, leaving another 30 to take at some point during the subsequent 180 (or 120+60, or 90 + 60 + 30, or...). It would certainly give me more flexibility if I could have 180 in 360 for visiting France.

Wonder how this works out wae all the different rules in Ireland can someone from Southern Ireland come through the north take ferry to British mainland wonder if he has to go through some sort of immigration proses . And the same if you travelled through Northern Ireland went south and took a ferry to Spain there’s got to be a hole in it somewhere and if there is the Irish are sure to find it first they have always been good at manipulating the rules.

@Wully Surely Eire is still part of EU so has freedom of movement anyway. It's not where you come from but what passport you are travelling with? Ok if UK resident travelling with an EU family member though.

The UK has a treaty with the Rep of Ireland which predates the EU. This allows free and unhindered travel, work, residence, access to healthcare, benefits and voting rights in both countries. This is normally called the ‘common travel area’.
Neither country has been, nor is, part of Shengen, so although an Irish passport holder can have unlimited stays in the EU, and can reside, work etc in the EU as EU citizens, they still have their passports looked at by customs. On a recent visit to France my Irish passport was scanned (as was my vaccine passport). I cannot speak for routes into Spain from Ireland but imagine the same rules should apply by EU edict.
It follows that a UK passport should be ‘picked up’ at point of arrival in Shengen.
Davy

Wonder how this works out wae all the different rules in Ireland can someone from Southern Ireland come through the north take ferry to British mainland wonder if he has to go through some sort of immigration proses . And the same if you travelled through Northern Ireland went south and took a ferry to Spain there’s got to be a hole in it somewhere and if there is the Irish are sure to find it first they have always been good at manipulating the rules.
If you have an address or irish d licence then the problem is solved, down south they recognise all on this island as Irish which means us lot up north which is British.
If you have g parents from down south before 1912 or a Irish passport then no bother. ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back