Cracked plastic sink repair

DocMartin

Is there a special glue for repairing the plastic that sinks and surrounds are made of?

I used one of these kits to repair cracks in the Cleo tip up sink in my shower room. It worked pretty well but being as bright white as it is it really showed how yellow my basin had become.
So far it has held well.

Good luck
K ;)

Milliput is very good 👍

I just tried Gorilla superglue Gel on a long crack, I can tell you it is useless. So now, as I have some Milliput I am going to try that. All the cracks are in the back panel where the edge of the tip up sink goes. I would buy a new panel but don't suppose they are available now.

I repaired it successfuly with Milliput. The worst cracking was out of sight where the back edge of the sink rests so there is not much to see but it is certainly stronger now.
The centre with plug hole broke away on mine. Had to do a temp repair as full timing. It’s about 10 months later now and still running fine on the bodge. Not pretty maybe but perfect until I can get to Canvey Island to get a replacement fitted. It’s an unusual sink/size and only found one online so far in OZ

The centre with plug hole broke away on mine. Had to do a temp repair as full timing. It’s about 10 months later now and still running fine on the bodge. Not pretty maybe but perfect until I can get to Canvey Island to get a replacement fitted. It’s an unusual sink/size and only found one online so far in OZ
You don’t have to go to Canvey island for a sink if you talk to Anton you can post it to him and he will make the new exact copy and post it back to you.

You don’t have to go to Canvey island for a sink if you talk to Anton you can post it to him and he will make the new exact copy and post it back to you.
I did consider that Annie but the sink doesn’t seem to want to come out, I suspect it will shatter when it comes to it. We think Anton already has one that will do the job but won’t know until we can put the two together.
I have been using it okay since the repair it just looks naff. I was thinking of driving over at some point and letting him see what’s best, either the blank he has or make new. I know they are good by the feedback from a few of you so happy for Anton to decide 👍

we sent our basin to him a few years ago - excellent service and replacement a perfect fit

I did consider that Annie but the sink doesn’t seem to want to come out, I suspect it will shatter when it comes to it. We think Anton already has one that will do the job but won’t know until we can put the two together.
I have been using it okay since the repair it just looks naff. I was thinking of driving over at some point and letting him see what’s best, either the blank he has or make new. I know they are good by the feedback from a few of you so happy for Anton to decide 👍
I'm with you on that. He reckons he has a sink for mine, but I can't work out how my one comes out. I think it will have to wait until I next pass that corner of the UK.

I'm with you on that. He reckons he has a sink for mine, but I can't work out how my one comes out. I think it will have to wait until I next pass that corner of the UK.
Mine is glued in at the top, I tried gently to remove it before I did the repair and it wasn't going to come out. May be with the repair it has enough strength but I dont think it worth risking as I use it constantly. They have have picked up a tube of adhesive thinking it was sealant when they built mine lol

Yes, I used the airfix type glue to repair the flyscreen on the roof vent. I reinforced it with strips of credit card on the inside where it doesn't show.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back