Cracked showertray

Sonar

Well after 21 years it is expected.
The shower tray has a lot of tiny black cracks in it.

Getter someone to do a speed coat job at £400. Is never going to happen.

I did read this somewhere is this

U-pol bed liner and other urethane tanking paints can be used to fix cracked shower trays. It is the same stuff speed coat use. It leaves a waterproof, non slip and scratch resistant finish that is extremely tough.

Well now looking onto this .

We lent our caravan to sone friends many years ago who gave us a £250 gift when they returned it.
We later discovered the shower tray was cracked. We think we know what over amorous antics they got up to in there.🤣🤣

Mine has cracked over the years. No hanky Panky involved 😢

Have a word with Dave (Bouydog). He repaired a cracked sink with Captain Trolly’s Creeping Crack Cure.
Honest.
Sounds stupid, but a genuine product.

Have a word with Dave (Bouydog). He repaired a cracked sink with Captain Trolly’s Creeping Crack Cure.
Honest.
Sounds stupid, but a genuine product.
Mine needs a total revamp as it’s starting to get a bit discoloured in the corners since 2003.

Last edited:
If I was concerned about discolouration, I’d have to change my van 😬. It’s an early Seval Ducato. Paint peeler 😡

Mine needs a total revamp as it’s starting to get a bit discoloured in the corners since 2003.
I think my sink has been repaired/treated/something in the past as there is a little label affixed to the sink - and I think shower tray.
I don't have any leaks or problems so it seems to have been very effective. I will see if I can read the name/phone number on the label if you want?

Ok but so far I have had a price of a little over 4 hundred

Ok but so far I have had a price of a little over 4 hundred
Done before my ownership, but the label (which is very faded so must have been done quite a while ago but still very well adhered) on my bathroom basin says:
"Plas-Tech Thermoforming Ltd." Looks like a Yorkshire Postcode .... YO25 8E[something]

(I suppose it could be an original basin fitted by Autotrail and supplied by Plas-Tech? I have assumed it has been a repair).

I have been pointed in this direction. In respect of shower repairs. Caravan shops are more than reluctant to say what or where they get there shower repair items from .

All I get is our highly trained caravan / motorhome technician are trained to apply a coating.

You can have any colour you so wish. So I may give this a go in the autumn.

Last edited:
Done before my ownership, but the label (which is very faded so must have been done quite a while ago but still very well adhered) on my bathroom basin says:
"Plas-Tech Thermoforming Ltd." Looks like a Yorkshire Postcode .... YO25 8E[something]

(I suppose it could be an original basin fitted by Autotrail and supplied by Plas-Tech? I have assumed it has been a repair).
It seems to be the sink manufacture maker and supplier of thermoplastic mouldings . Ie. Sinks toilet housings shower trays ect ect

Might be worth considering increasing the support for the shower tray as inadequate support can often be the underlying cause. Injection of expanding foam is one option.

Might be worth considering increasing the support for the shower tray as inadequate support can often be the underlying cause. Injection of expanding foam is one option.
Very small holes and injecting polyester resin has done the job .

But noted the stuff I mentioned above is flexible so is it’s the way I will go in the autumn .

Having cracked two out three of the nasty crap things, made out of plastic thinner than margarine tubs sold to the self build market I gave up!

Our current in use van has one made from stainless steel sheet. A local fabricator made it up for free!
Next van will have a diy one made from copper sheet salvaged from a redundant dhw tank,

I will never buy another plastic one ever again

Having cracked two out three of the nasty crap things, made out of plastic thinner than margarine tubs sold to the self build market I gave up!

Our current in use van has one made from stainless steel sheet. A local fabricator made it up for free!
Next van will have a diy one made from copper sheet salvaged from a redundant dhw tank,

I will never buy another plastic one ever again
Stuck with mine it’s been in there for 21 years two months as a fitted unit inc the toilet and the basin cupboard.
I am sure there will be a way of separating it all but it’s just the tray that needs attention.

My shower tray had been done with speed coat by the dealer I bought the van off. 6 years later its still holding strong. I believe a few here have had things done with speed coat as well.

Cant comment on the other product as don't know anyone who has used it

My shower tray had been done with speed coat by the dealer I bought the van off. 6 years later its still holding strong. I believe a few here have had things done with speed coat as well.

Cant comment on the other product as don't know anyone who has used it
It’s the same as speedcoat. Reading the specs and can be made into any colour to match existing is urethane
Speedcoat. From the speedcoat details. The product description mentions "High Solids Urethane" which indicates Speedcoat is a type of urethane.

It’s the same as speedcoat. Reading the specs and can be made into any colour to match existing is urethane
Speedcoat. From the speedcoat details. The product description mentions "High Solids Urethane" which indicates Speedcoat is a type of urethane.
Either sprayed on or applied with a roller. Thats how speedcoat is applied . With a roller.

I had mine done with Speedcoat when I bought the van the dealer paid £420 but I got a 10 or15 year guarantee with it if the dealer hadn’t paid for it I would have they did a superb job.

Back