CRIT AIR STICKER

Billieblue

Thought I’d apply for this just to cover any eventuality. However, I’ve previously been put off doing it because I thought I’d have a problem with it - photographing the log book sounded tricky. Who’s done it, how easy was it and are there easy directions to follow? Where do I apply for it? Any advice appreciated.

It was really simple Carol I found the German one a bit more tricky but managed them both.

The tricky part is getting your "photo" of the log book in a small file size. I used my printer/scanner to scan to pdf and modified the parameters so that the file size was right. It was a bit of trial and error. Once that was done, as others say, it was simple.

I bought one last year from the official website shown in *****'s link.

It was very easy and the vignette arrived in less than a week. Very efficient service.

I've since read that I possibly shouldn't have stuck it on my windscreen, but sellotaped it there, in case I ever need a new windscreen. In over 50 years driving I've only ever had one windscreen go, so I'll take the risk. ?

I've since read that I possibly shouldn't have stuck it on my windscreen, but sellotaped it there, in case I ever need a new windscreen.
Which part of Yorkshire are you from? ;)

I photographed my documents Carol, the only mistake I made is that I uprated the weight first, our van is a 2002 and it is now rated at over 3500kg so is Crit Air 5, if it was less than 3500kg it would have been Crit air 4, it will not make much difference because I am exempt from traffic restrictions and I don't want to enter large Cities

Crit Air FAQ's said:
I have a disability: do I need an Air Quality Certificate ?
YES. An Air Quality Certificate must be affixed in applicable situations, even on vehicles that have a disabled person's parking card. However, people with a disability are not affected by traffic restrictions.

I bought one last year from the official website shown in *****'s link.

It was very easy and the vignette arrived in less than a week. Very efficient service.

I've since read that I possibly shouldn't have stuck it on my windscreen, but sellotaped it there, in case I ever need a new windscreen. In over 50 years driving I've only ever had one windscreen go, so I'll take the risk. ?
They are intended and designed to be permanently attached to the windscreen.
Temporary attachment might be frowned upon.

When I needed a replacement sticker after a windsceen replacement it was easy and quickly obtained

Possibly true, but this suggestion was given elsewhere by a Brit who lives permanently in Aquitaine. It's what he's done. ?

Frankly, for the trifling sum involved, I couldn't be bothered with the faff and sight of the bodge as I like things tidy on my van, but everyone's different. ?

Got a new van a few weeks ago. First time out after bringing it home, driving in heavy rain, a lorry thundered past in the opposite direction, huge crack as something hit the windscreen. Fortunately the damage was smaller than a £1 coin and not in the driver's line of sight so it could be repaired. The Crit Air sticker will help cover it up;) - but no sellotape as you say, I don't like a bodge either.

Possibly true, but this suggestion was given elsewhere by a Brit who lives permanently in Aquitaine. It's what he's done?.
Sorry, but he is wrong. It’s a security sticker that must be affixed to the windscreen. It should not be able to be removed and used again ( the whole point of it being a security sticker) if you try and remove it if it’s fixed properly, the words VOID appear as if by magic, all over the sticker.
Of course, it’s up to you how you use it, but it should be affixed as it’s designed.
From a Brit who lives in Brittany. ?

This made some interesting reading with thanks to google translate. It seems Europe also doesn't a class for motorhomes over 3.5 tonnes lol
Oh dear, don’t want to be seen as a Mr Knowitall, but our van is 3.85 tonnes and qualifies for a Class 2 ( yellow sticker. )

OMG Do we need a Crit air sticker for our Peugeot 107?
Yes, if you drive it in a zone subject to control. Some zones are effectively permanent, others may be activated when pollution levels dictate. Given the very low cost (one-off cost unless your windscreen has to be replaced), it has to be worth it for the peace of mind.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back