CTEK D250SE - Issues

wootton55

Hi,

Hoping someone can shed some light on my issues below please... hoping to go away soon!

DC-DC CTEK D250SE New charger (with NO smartpass).

My solar is intermittent every 70 seconds or so, but the correct lights are showing. It seems like this even in strong sun.

More importantly however, the alternator doesn't seem to charge the leisure batteries.

It did however work properly on the first day or so. I noticed I had a low voltage via my refrigerator, so checked out the system, both 100ah AGM batteries very low. They are now charged and at about 12.5v. I replaced a fuse that was a little bit naff, but other than that I see no reason why the system now isn't charging. Specifically, i'm getting 13.5 V from the battery and on the battery input terminal. I'm equally getting 12.7 or something at the output, so I can't understand it.

The only possible thing I can think it is, would be the ignition feed wire. I've found a fuse that turns on only when the engine is on, i.e. no voltage when it's ignition on, but no engine; I presume that's right? I thought I could probably put it into any that shows 12v and then up to 13.5 on engine start as the D250SE has a voltage check anyway, but could anyone confirm this? To note, the fuse box is micro-fuses and i've not got an inline voltage checker, but from checking the fuse box directly i'm happy enough (I just can't confirm it's feeding the CTEK at the other end - I have no reason to suspect it, but I can't think of anything else).

For days prior to this, the power light was flashing, indicating 'current saving mode' as per the manual (which isn't particularly helpful), so I assumed the batteries were full and there were no dramas - it appears not.

Another strange thing is that whilst i've been charging the batteries, I noticed the CTEK charging lights for solar (As per manual) were coming on, even though it wasn't able to give an output (as it was disconnected) - is this normal? I figured the solar light would come on, but not the 'charging output' light too....

I've seen a few forums about fried diodes and fuses internally in the system, so can only but assume it's the box and not me?!?!

Any help/thoughts/answers are welcomed - cheers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back