Damp and resealing

Roy Nelson

Free Member

Hi I have got a Peugeot Boxer which has got slight damp issues . Am looking for any help or advice on resealing . I live on the West Coast of Scotland

Might be better if you described what and where the issue is, Is it the vehicle, is it the conversion etc etc.

Thanks for reply and advice. The problem is the vehicle. Along the top and corner of the sealing and the roof bars Was hoping someone could put me on to someone or company who does this work. Or any tips for d i y. It’s my first camper

The roof bars on the Boxer are decorative only and not for load carrying. If you can get up there they can be removed and then refitted bedded on Sikaflex 512 or similar. The same sealant can be used to seal any other points where you identify a leak. If you cannot DIY I would think any competent caravan or motorhome sealer could do the job. For cosmetic reasons you can overpaint Sikaflex.

"Sikaflex Construction Sealant and all of the Sikaflex polyurethane sealants are paintable after cure. Curing typically takes 5 to 7 days, depending on temperature and humidity."

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back