Data only Sim

big tom

Can anyone recommend a Data only sim for use in France and Spain? I Use a Huawei Wi-Fi E5577C I have not been out there for some time, so out of touch.

I need something for a couple of months, Thanks

Go into a LeClerc supermarket and buy a Reglo mobile data sim. It lasts for 28 days and can be topped up again, or buy another

Do not buy 2 at the same time as they start as soon as the sale is transacted in store.

We used virgin unlimited data many times in France Spain never been charged fir over usage.
And our freind has just returned from 90 days in Spain using 200gb average per month no charge.
Good old virgin.

I have a three 24/24 SIM, but I won't be getting another as I now get 15gb per month from Talkmobile £8 pm which I can use in the EU too, I only had it for my tablet but I can just use my phone as a hotspot in future, plus Liz never uses much data so I effectively have 30gb to play with.

Tiekom data SIM. 300GB a month/39.90 euros. Monthly contract, can be paused for 3 euros/month, or just cancel after your trip and send for a new one next time you need it. Full 300GB allowance when roaming. Works in Europe and UK.

Contact camino.arias@tiekom.com for details and an order form. She is very helpful and responds quickly to emails.

I have a SIM in the post currently, so haven't personally used it yet, but there are plenty of posts on an other forum confirming that it works as advertised.

Go into a LeClerc supermarket and buy a Reglo mobile data sim. It lasts for 28 days and can be topped up again, or buy another

Do not buy 2 at the same time as they start as soon as the sale is transacted in store.
Got a Reglo sim, from LeClerc 3 days ago. Had trouble setting it up, so today we went to another LeClerc and asked them to sort it and voila, after a few minutes a tec savvy boy sorted it. 120GB for €20. My wife is using the hotspot and all seems great. Not sure how we are going too top it up, we will cross that bridge when we come to it

Got a Reglo sim, from LeClerc 3 days ago. Had trouble setting it up, so today we went to another LeClerc and asked them to sort it and voila, after a few minutes a tec savvy boy sorted it. 120GB for €20. My wife is using the hotspot and all seems great. Not sure how we are going too top it up, we will cross that bridge when we come to it
For the €5 cost of the sim I don‘t bother and just get another new loaded sim.

Simple to register online and manage it from there, including topping up. Just make sure that you credit your account with one month's fee and don't give an ongoing authority if you only want it for an extra month.

Tiekom data SIM. 300GB a month/39.90 euros. Monthly contract, can be paused for 3 euros/month, or just cancel after your trip and send for a new one next time you need it. Full 300GB allowance when roaming. Works in Europe and UK.

Contact camino.arias@tiekom.com for details and an order form. She is very helpful and responds quickly to emails.

I have a SIM in the post currently, so haven't personally used it yet, but there are plenty of posts on an other forum confirming that it works as advertised.
I can thoroughly recommend the Tiecom one, from personal experience it works faultlessly in France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway and Sweden as well of course Spain as it is a Spanish Vodafone one.
The coverage has been absolute and apart from one small glitch which was remedied very quickly by the Tiecom team has worked faultlessly over a continual 7 weeks on tour.
The 300 Gb is fully useable at full speed (almost always 4G unless really remote) essential if you want to stream UK tv or the like.

Just to add I live in France and have tried the cheap ones i.e. Reglo Leclerc Free etc. the problem with them they all piggyback on one of the main suppliers and that's OK when near bigger towns etc but when it needs to rely on roaming agreements they rarely perform.

Presumably the Tiekom also piggy backs of another supplier.
But good to hear it works so well,especially in Scandanavia as we hope to visit next year and want to supplement the meagre 3 allowance.
But 300gb is way too much for us.
I'd love them to give half as much for half the price.
In fact I'd pay half the price for 50gb.

I'm assuming the tiekom SIM start date is when you start using it , not when you order ?

Presumably the Tiekom also piggy backs of another supplier.
But good to hear it works so well,especially in Scandanavia as we hope to visit next year and want to supplement the meagre 3 allowance.
But 300gb is way too much for us.
I'd love them to give half as much for half the price.
In fact I'd pay half the price for 50gb.
They don't piggyback they supply a Vodafone SIM, they seem to be a Vodafone supplier.
Don't know if you watch TV whilst away but the only way to acess UK programs in Scandinavian countries is via streaming and that uses an average of 1Gb data per hour.

I can thoroughly recommend the Tiecom one, from personal experience it works faultlessly in France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Norway and Sweden as well of course Spain as it is a Spanish Vodafone one.
The coverage has been absolute and apart from one small glitch which was remedied very quickly by the Tiecom team has worked faultlessly over a continual 7 weeks on tour.
The 300 Gb is fully useable at full speed (almost always 4G unless really remote) essential if you want to stream UK tv or the like.

Just to add I live in France and have tried the cheap ones i.e. Reglo Leclerc Free etc. the problem with them they all piggyback on one of the main suppliers and that's OK when near bigger towns etc but when it needs to rely on roaming agreements they rarely perform.
Don't appear to offer the 300gb international sim

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back