Decal Coming Off

Kontiki

Decal Coming Off

Had quite a bit of snow up here about 6-8 inches, Got up this morning & it had slid off the front of the van, noticed then that the big Swift decal was coming off in quite a few places. From the pic you can see both the ends have come away & along the inside edge. I would have expected better quality after all these years, I can't remember any other van I have ever had where the decals have pealed off, had one that faded on a Frankia but that was replaced even though the van was about 5 years old.

Attachments

• photo1082.jpg
    photo1082.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
When it's dry. a gentle hair dryer MAY help it stick back down. Use a credit card or similar spreding out towards the edges.

Malcom

Take all the Swift decals off then you won't have to wear a Balaclava ( saves the embarrassment)
I had to stick most of the plastic adhesive numbers and decals back on ours as they kept peeling up !
Swift probably buy them off the market !
we used to really prep and clean the new vans I had sign written for work and they would last for years but unfortunately I can't imagine Swift doing anything properly.

Van is less than a year old so I won't be trying to fix it, doesn't bode well for the future but I doubt we will be keeping this van very long. Trying to arrange to get it done in January when they have the van in for habitation :rolleyes:check, only getting it done as I got it for 2 years free. Don't really need a balaclava as we usually park well away from any other people who might recognise us, that or we sneak in the van after dark.
Would think after all these years of making leisure vehicles they would have got something as simple as putting a few stickers on permanently.

As soon as I saw the thread title I thought- Swift?

Sad isn't that they have that reputation, but it seems be self-inflicted.

Geoff

nicholsong;n12762 said:
As soon as I saw the thread title I thought- Swift?

Sad isn't that they have that reputation, but it seems be self-inflicted.

Geoff

And I thought Autotrail as it's a regular occurrence on new models as posted by owners on an AT Facebook group.

I suppose it's better than the usual damp posts !

Piers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back