Dereham Blues Festival 8th-12th July 2020

Dereham Blues Festival 8th-12th July 2020
Posted by RoaminRog
Dereham Hockey Club, Honeysuckle Dr, East Dereham. Norfolk.
Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 09:00 AM
Until: Monday, July 13, 2020 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

Start: Wednesday, July 8, 2020 - 09:00 AM
End: Monday, July 13, 2020 - 12:00 PM

RoaminRog

Rally Organiser

Please read the original post for details of the location and prices.
We have an enormous field at our disposal, and the Club couldn’t have been more welcoming.
The majority of the music venues are approx half to three quarters of a mile from the field, but there are many pubs nearer than that, some hosting BBQs in the afternoon with a jam session on Sunday afternoon.
This is one not to miss! Book your place now!

......... at the meeting with the festival organisers, all I said was ‘Robmac’s decided to come.......’, and they’ve given us our own Bar!!!

Last edited:

FULL TIMER

Hi Roger, just looked at the venue on google earth, I assume we'll be using the carpark at the hockey club, only concern is if the gate is wide enough for larger motor homes (it dosn't look very wide on the street view images) although I assume they must get minibuses or coaches in there ,can you book us in for the full 5 nights please

RoaminRog

Rally Organiser

Hi Roger, just looked at the venue on google earth, I assume we'll be using the carpark at the hockey club, only concern is if the gate is wide enough for larger motor homes (it dosn't look very wide on the street view images) although I assume they must get minibuses or coaches in there ,can you book us in for the full 5 nights please
Hi Mark,
I think you will be able to get through the gates. We will be using either the field or the car park, depending on how heavy you are. I will be visiting again soon, so I will double check, but I’m sure you’ll be fine.
Can you let me know the width of your outfit so I can be sure.

Last edited:

RoaminRog

Rally Organiser

Just got back, and I’m pleased to report that the gate posts are 11’8” or 3.57m wide.
To approach them squarely you will have to mount the kerb on your offside, but you should be fine.
The gates are offset in favour of traffic approaching from Greenfields Road because Honeysuckle Drive is a cul-de-sac.
On arrival, any heavies will have the choice of parking in the field, or on the hard standing at the front of the Club.
Hope this helps reassure you.

Last edited:

Peter51

We have an amazing opportunity to hold a Motorhomer.com Rally, to coincide with the ever-popular Dereham Blues Festival.
This is a five-day event, where around a dozen venues in East Dereham host approx 120 acts encompassing a wide range of music styles.

I can now reveal the details of the location for this Rally. Our hosts for the Dereham Blues Festival will be;

Dereham Hockey Club
Honeysuckle Drive (
access via Greenfields Road)
Dereham
Norfolk
NR20 3TE
N52.676885
E000.956653

• We have an outside tap for freshwater and cassette disposal has been arranged.
  • We will have access to the clubhouse for toilets and showers (communal)
  • We will have our own Bar, which is on the first floor of the clubhouse, in the evenings.
  • The Club has offered to sell breakfast rolls each morning, but I would ask you to let me know if this is something that would interest YOU.

Prices are either £11 per pitch per night or a discounted price of £50 for the whole five-night festival.
Cash please, on arrival.

Dogs are welcome on-site, but not in the Clubhouse and must be supervised please, and any indiscretions must obviously be cleaned up.
There are dog bins in the locality.

We may arrive anytime after 09.00 Wed 8th July and must depart by mid-day Mon 13th July.

Camping will be on grass, with a limited amount of hard standing for heavy vehicles which are likely to damage the grass.
At present, there no limits to the number of vans that can attend, although I have mentioned during discussions, that between two and three dozen vans would be likely to turn up, but the more the merrier!

There will be access to fresh water, toilets, including cassette emptying and showers as well, secure parking, which would be locked at night, although we will ALL have the combination code.

The festival is completely free to attend, except for the Headlining Act on Wednesday evening, and we will all be given a copy of the Itinerary, so we will know who is playing where and at what time. Don’t forget to look out for the jam session on Sunday afternoon!

If you would like to attend, I am simply gathering names and numbers for the time being, so that the organisers can have some idea about the size of our Rally. Putting your name down now does not commit you to attend, although it will give us some basic information to work within the final organising.

This is going to be a Rally not to be missed!

LATEST NEWS!

The Headlining Act has just been announced.......

and here is a small taster
Tickets will go on sale to the public at 10am 31st January!

The list so far
1. RoaminRog
2. Andyjanet
3. Steveandjulie (maybe)
4. Old Man Down
5. Trotter
6. 2cv
7. Tezza33 (maybe)
8. Greengrass (maybe)
9. Mark135
10. andromeda (maybe)
11. Ianwilde
12. Caz (maybe)
13. alwaysared
14. Wolves wonderers
15. Hamishhymer
16. Meduck.
17. Mr and Mrs Tupcox
18. Molly 3
19. FULL TIMER
20. horace
21. Juliet.
22. Mick Jordan (maybe).
23. Lee
24. rayphotoman
25. vanda
26: Terry ward (maybe).
27. Oppy
28. RONWOOD
29. Robmac
30. Steveboy
Is there still room for me as a definite maybe?

RoaminRog

Rally Organiser

I am up in Orkney for June but I have to come home sometime and this looks like it will be worth the drive.
Of course there’s room Peter. Welcome along!
We are in Orkney as well, but we will have plenty of time to get back down in time for this.