Diesel supply.

debs

I am in the planning stages of fitting a diesel stove in my van, I already have a diesel heater, so I came up with the idea of plumbing both appliances with one takeoff point from the fuel tank. Each appliance has its own pump fed from a Y piece from the tank supply, and only one appliance would be used at any time. Any comments about any problems, humorous or otherwise gratefully accepted😁

I am in the planning stages of fitting a diesel stove in my van, I already have a diesel heater, so I came up with the idea of plumbing both appliances with one takeoff point from the fuel tank. Each appliance has its own pump fed from a Y piece from the tank supply, and only one appliance would be used at any time. Any comments about any problems, humorous or otherwise gratefully accepted😁
I can't see it being an issue ....are we talking a bubble type diesel stove or one of the Wallace type ?

I can't see it being an issue ....are we talking a bubble type diesel stove or one of the Wallace type ?
Webasto x100 is the one I'm liking, bit pricey, but there is another one I like as fitted by Mel in Mels van world.

Webasto x100 is the one I'm liking, bit pricey, but there is another one I like as fitted by Mel in Mels van world.
Ahh yes ....similar to the wallas ...

I've got to say IF I ever build another van ...it will be the wallas for me with the ability to function as a heater as well as cooker .
Both the webasto and wallas look nicely made .

The diesel cooktops double up as a diesel heater don’t they, or is that only certain ones? If it does the. You should only need to run one anyway 👍

I wonder if you would need to put one way valves in the fuel lines to stop one pump sucking diesel and air from the other line - or will the pumps have that incorporated in them?

I wonder if you would need to put one way valves in the fuel lines to stop one pump sucking diesel and air from the other line - or will the pumps have that incorporated in them?
The pumps can only pump one way, so that would not be an issue.👍

So far I've made a new kitchen top and installed the cooker and sink in their new locations, I've plumbed the fuel in, electrics are straight forward, but the installation of the air intake and exhaust pipes is a bit more complex. It will be necessary to move the heater a little, so will take a little longer.

So far I've made a new kitchen top and installed the cooker and sink in their new locations, I've plumbed the fuel in, electrics are straight forward, but the installation of the air intake and exhaust pipes is a bit more complex. It will be necessary to move the heater a little, so will take a little longer.
Fingers crossed for you Debs

My Chausson had diesel heating and hot water in it great bit of kit the diesel supply came direct from the main diesel tank of the van and was never a minutes problem either.

Installation complete, it does take a few minutes to warm up, but wow! the heat it puts out is phenomenal. When I put it in heater mode it's superb, so will have to make a decision on whether or not to reinstall my Chinese diesel heater. The unit I opted for was the Wallas xc duo👍

Back