Dimples in floor.

McMikey

Free Member

Can anybody tell me what these are for, even the dealership technician didn't know?

20211228_145215.jpg

You say they re in the floor but in which area of the motorhome floor are they?

I'll guess at the socket being a leg mount, and the press studs disguising screw holes or similar for a stabilising cross member. But the correct answer is likely to show just how wrong I can be!

Steve

Yes, the big one is for a table leg. The small ones are for something else. But there are usually 4 of them.

Big one table mounting point.

Small one look like chassis bolt fixing to floor.

You say they re in the floor but in which area of the motorhome floor are they?
This pic taken facing front of motorhome.
I don't think they are fixings for a wheelchair, as the 'top disc' moves a couple of mm, and lifts a small amount.

20220105_203940.jpg

They are floor anchor bolts, maybe what the previous owner had fitted for some reason. See if anything lines up with them underneath.

Last edited:
Standard fit in Ambulances, they pop up slightly used for securing all sorts of things, odd to see them in a motor home though, bit entertaining to remove mine had 36mm back nuts, qed:

They may have been fitted from new, to ensure that the motorhome had been adapted for the use of a disabled owner.

Doing that used to allow them to buy VAT free. And sell at a healthy profit a year later.

Don't know if that scheme is still available.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back