Do satnav apps conflict with each other?

sydnsue

I already have the Searchforsites app on my Garemin satnav and I am considering buying the Park4night app also. Has anyone had both on their satnav and do they conflict with each other? I am assuming the POIs just mix in together. Are they still easy to use?

You can only have one destination at a time on each navigation app so unless you are using two devices there shouldn't be a problem, I prefer the first one and let Google maps navigate for me if that helps.

I already have the Searchforsites app on my Garemin satnav and I am considering buying the Park4night app also. Has anyone had both on their satnav and do they conflict with each other? I am assuming the POIs just mix in together. Are they still easy to use?
a SatNav system can have multiple POI files loaded. you would just end up with icons popping up for SearchforSites and icons for Park4night coming up. no different really say the Wildcamping info where there were 4 or 5 different POI files which you could either enable or not to show on the SatNav.

I must have misread it, I thought they meant having two POIs as the destination

I must have misread it, I thought they meant having two POIs as the destination
I read as multiple POI DBs?

From your reply, would I be right in thinking you use an app such as P4N as an example to get a place to go and then enter that location into Google Maps to then navigate to? or have you got the P4N (as the example) integrated into Google Maps?
(I've never loaded POIs into Google Maps, only ever added a few locations of my own manually).

I have a Garmin standalone SatNav and have various POIs on there, including the WC POIs, I think a C&CC POI DB and the built-in Camp Site (from C&MC?) POI in there and they all live together - but having said that, I never really use any of them TBH :)

For s4s I find a place, scroll down, click navigation then select Google maps.

Screenshot_20240701-173010_searchforsites.jpgScreenshot_20240701-173021_searchforsites.jpg

No, there is no conflict, I have several sets of POI's on my Satnav , it makes more sense than relying on one

We use both S4S and Park4night to find a suitable site and then just key in the relevant code to get the navigation route on the Garmin 780 Camper. Having keyed in the code, we just press 'Go' to start the route navigation. I do tend to save the aire/site as a favourite when we arrive, with the S4S Reference, so that any slight navigation errors are eliminated on next use [often use the same aire on the outward and inward legs of the trip.

Steve

We use both S4S and Park4night to find a suitable site and then just key in the relevant code to get the navigation route on the Garmin 780 Camper. Having keyed in the code, we just press 'Go' to start the route navigation. I do tend to save the aire/site as a favourite when we arrive, with the S4S Reference, so that any slight navigation errors are eliminated on next use [often use the same aire on the outward and inward legs of the trip.

Steve
We do the same if it's any good Steve, I think a lot of us will do the same, some of us put them on WC as well.

Worth pointing out many of the supposed stops can be quite dire or now have restrictions and for p4n especially the info and the sometimes overly gushing reviews can be years out of date

Always worth using street view to get a better look at any location, personally sleeping in a truck stop lay-by inches away from high speed traffic isn’t my idea of a pleasant stop!

Always have a plan A,B and C plus scout the area with google maps there’s often something better not on the apps nearby

We stopped in the Lake District on the way back from Orkney, found a cracking spot not yet spoilt by being on any of the apps

Always worth using street view to get a better look at any location.
If you setup google maps properly, when you choose that as the navigation within s4s etc then it gives you the street view bottom left of the screen.

Back