Do you have an Elddis with a factory fitted solar panel ?

Trek

Free Member

Do you have an Elddis with a factory fitted solar panel ?

Do you have an Elddis motorhome that had a factory fitted solar panel ?

If so it maybe worth you checking it

My mate has just bought a brand new Elddis Encore 255 and he thought that the battery was discharging rather quickly

So I took a look at it only to find the that solar panel connection at the TRUMA solar regulator was reversed !!!

The LED flashing sequence confirmed that there was an error as it should have either flashed rapidly to show fully charged or solid on to show charging This had a very slow flash

Corrected polarity and bingo LED went solid on then after a while when fully charged, it went to rapid flash

Also noticed that the TRUMA regulator was on default settings and should have been changed to match the setup as fitted by Elddis

Wrong battery type setting Was set for GEL When there was an AGM installed

also only one battery wired into regulator The leisure battery and yet the setting was 50/50 % charging between 2 batteries so changed it to 0/100 %

And had to move the battery over from batt 1 to batt 2 so it got 100% charge

In time he will run cable from engine battery to regulator to allow charging of both

I see the same bunch of dozy good for nothing nobheads that built my Compass are still working up at the factory in Consett then.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back