Do you use a mobile phone whilst driving?

We are on the narrow lane to the local primary school, pretty much every third parent on the school run especially those speeding at 8:55, are on the phone, some are even doing their makeup with their spare hand.

It’s a real shame we don’t see police on the beat anymore.

The guy that came to recharge my AC was on the phone entering and leaving my drive
Pretty much every van driver making deliveries arrives with the phone clamped in one paw.

Business does seem to take priority over safety.

No, but if you do on the motorway…..https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/long-reads/police-lorries-england-motorways-traffic-b2136518.html

No, never. It terrifies me seeing so many people using phones behind the wheel.
Even with such tragedies as seen in the documentary about the truck driver browsing dating sites and in so doing killing three people, the penalties still aren’t still enough. Using a phone should be an automatic ban.

No, never. It terrifies me seeing so many people using phones behind the wheel.
Even with such tragedies as seen in the documentary about the truck driver browsing dating sites and in so doing killing three people, the penalties still aren’t still enough. Using a phone should be an automatic ban.
Yes , won't stop unless there is a major clampdown.
Did see a guy in Sicily with his laptop perched on his steering wheel !

Yes I have Bluetooth set to auto answer, but see people on the phone driving all the time, it's illegal to even touch them now for any reason if driving.

LOts of kids in cars here cut and paint black a bit of wood and drive with it at their ear so to get a pull by the feds, esp in the bad parts of town.

LOts of kids in cars here cut and paint black a bit of wood and drive with it at their ear so to get a pull by the feds, esp in the bad parts of town.
The giveaway must be the 45mm woodscrew that connects the pretend phone to the driver's head, unless said screw is also painted black, and built into the pretend ear piece ...

'Just listening to the music, officer, honest. The title? 'Paint it black', what else?' 🤭

Steve

Yeah, why do they think it's a good idea to Whitter on about something mundane just when you need your attention the most Liz does it all the time, shut up seems to work well though, lasts a while too, but the steam coming out of her ears does tend to fog up the windows, worse in winter. I keep telling her that my driving is important to me and I prefer to concentrate on that.

I don't wear my 'ears' when driving the van. I can hear SWMBO twittering on but not entirely exactly what she is saying. I just go "Hmmm" or "Yes, dear" or "Really!" at what seem appropriate points. Got away with it so far!

I have never used a mobile whilst driving but recently I had my hearing aids upgraded and they have a blue tooth connection to my phone. Whilst I cannot dial out through the aids I can answer or reject the call remotely by touching a button in the aid. Not actually had any calls whilst driving but had a couple at home and it certainly makes listening to a call a lot easier

Last edited:
I have never used a mobile whilst driving but recently I had my eating aids upgraded and they have a blue tooth connection to my phone. Whilst I cannot dial out through the aids I can answer or reject the call remotely by touching a button in the aid. Not actually had any calls whilst driving but had a couple at home and it certainly makes listening to a call a lot easier
Don't you just love predictive text

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back