Do you use an inverter in your motorhome?

Do you use an inverter in your motorhome?

• Yes

Votes: 94 71.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 28.8%

• Total voters
I had a 1000w inverter and used it occasionally for the hair drier and pumping up air beds when my son camped with us.
I have just changed it to a pure sine wave 1500w because when we were away Linda was complaining about her iPad not charging quickly enough and if we had a remote start on the inverter she could use the hair drier more, plus our granddaughter travels with us and has a hover board to charge, so I decided a new inverter might make my life simpler.
Only time will tell if this all works out.
I know there are other ways to charge an iPad but hopefully the new inverter will find other uses.

No idea what my black box is called because it was a very generous gift... but I love love love it :love:
I do know it's 2000W and happily copes with my hairdryer and hotbrush... I confess, they're the only kit I ever plug in there.
It's like finding the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle... camping life is complete :cool:

600w Ring from Maplins, overkill now as it only powers me telly :) :)

I think ours is 400w , just use it for phones and tablets. I havn't enough power to use for hairstraighteners. When/if my fridge gives up I might have to have a rethink, cos the New leccy fridges sound good.

Apart from the hairdryer, Ive got 12v versions of laptop chargers etc so never really seen the need. The hairdryer does bug me a bit and we are off for the winter so may bite the bullet and install an inverter.

Sterling 1800W modified sine wave used for 1200W hairdryer and 800W toaster.

Cheers

H

Sterling 1600W pure sine wave for Remoska, induction hob, electric toothbrush charging, hair dryer, hair straighteners, (I cannot manage without them) 600W modified sine wave under passenger seat used for slow cooker when travelling and a 150W (no fan so silent) in case we take the 240V Humax Freesat box.
I have 12v chargers for laptops

I think ours is 400w , just use it for phones and tablets. I havn't enough power to use for hairstraighteners. When/if my fridge gives up I might have to have a rethink, cos the New leccy fridges sound good.

Sue have a word with Caz at next meet and have a look at the straighteners she uses, 12 volt and she says they work fine

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back