dodgy connection

rugbyken

when i had my cargo box fitted i also fitted a trailer board as additional lighting since then i seem to have developed an earthing fault in the cluster that was tapped into not immediately but a couple of months down the line when i touch the brakes the reversing camera comes on and when i indicate the whole light cluster joins in , lee and i had the whole fitting of refitted a loose wire tightened a multi connector with a cable tie and thought we had cured it couple of hundred miles on the same thing so we cleaned up the connections extended the earth wire etc and thought we had cured it for sure , couple of hundred miles later there it goes again this time when i stripped it of i found the multi connector worked fine if only one side was clipped together as soon as i tried to pinch home the other side it went wrong i have now travelled a hundred miles and no problems , what i wondered is if it goes again this multi plug connector has 8 wires in and 8 out could i just change them to spade connectors till i get home and get an auto electrician on the job & why how does it work only when out of alignment??
i am intrigued by the whole reversing camera thing and would like to be able to select that as a rear view option but suspect that would be best left to a qualified man lol,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back