Does anyone cook on their engine?

guerdeval

I know a lot on here take frugality to the extreme but with the impending food/fuel shortages and cannibalism becoming commonplace after brexit does anyone use their engine heat to cook as they drive along? . I used to be into 4x4's and 'off road' stuff and it was commonplace back in the day to wrap a dead badger or hedgehog in foil and bbq it on top of the engine whilst travelling, maybe it will become popular again, who knows, all recipes welcome.

When I worked as a contractor in South Africa, we used to hang tins of sardines and suchlike on the exhausts of the compressor/generator sets. Just cooked nicely by lunchtime!

Kevin

Many years ago I went to biker rally near Bristol on my old CB 750 with a large meat and tater pie wrapped in foil and wired on to the top of the engine. By the time I'd arrived and put up my tent, it was still nice and hot

Tried a few times with pork chops or bangers wrapped in foil on my Land Rover Series II. They always tasted a bit oily, though (hardly surprising really!).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back