Dogs in Gibraltar

Mobilvetta

My cousin is travelling with us on this occasion in his motorhome, he just happens to have a dog with him, he had an animal health certificate done, that was dated the 5th January so we could enter France on the 8th January.

My question is for you experienced dog lovers, would we be able to take him into Gibraltar and then back into Spain, or is that a no no, I believe the certificate only last 10 days from been dated and signed by the vet, so this will have run out be the time we enter Gibraltar on our bikes, intend to stop at the Aire on the marina in Spain. They treat there best friend as there baby, so won't be leaving him in the motorhome all alone if he can't come into Gibraltar. Cheers David

I don't want to spread bad news but I've heard that the boarder control are being difficult at the moment, especially for people in motohomes.
It appears they let you in easily but require document to prove you are exiting Spain at the end of your visit, such as a return ticket, I'm not sure exactly what else they require but I thought it was worth a heads up.
I've no idea about dogs but I'm sure someone will be along with the information.
Best of luck

I don't want to spread bad news but I've heard that the boarder control are being difficult at the moment, especially for people in motohomes.
It appears they let you in easily but require document to prove you are exiting Spain at the end of your visit, such as a return ticket, I'm not sure exactly what else they require but I thought it was worth a heads up.
I've no idea about dogs but I'm sure someone will be along with the information.
Best of luck
That doesn't sound good, no doubt they are spitting there dummy's out as they want to claim Gibraltar for themselves.

i would advise your cousin to get a spanish/portugese passport around €20_30 never have to worry about an AHC again

i would advise your cousin to get a spanish/portugese passport around €20_30 never have to worry about an AHC again
Good idea, or a bit closer to home sort of, pop into Belgium and get one done there cheaply. Of course either way be prepared to have to buy another rabies jab administered in that particular country. The UK jab won’t be able to be validated in the new passport.

We walked into Gib without any problems, and just had Max on a lead, very straightforward.
We parked on the Marina, just by the border, and although we showed our Passports, they weren’t really interested in us, let alone the dog..
Take a chance Dave.

My cousin is travelling with us on this occasion in his motorhome, he just happens to have a dog with him, he had an animal health certificate done, that was dated the 5th January so we could enter France on the 8th January.

My question is for you experienced dog lovers, would we be able to take him into Gibraltar and then back into Spain, or is that a no no, I believe the certificate only last 10 days from been dated and signed by the vet, so this will have run out be the time we enter Gibraltar on our bikes, intend to stop at the Aire on the marina in Spain. They treat there best friend as there baby, so won't be leaving him in the motorhome all alone if he can't come into Gibraltar. Cheers David
Animal health certificate lasts 4(?) months

We walked into Gib without any problems, and just had Max on a lead, very straightforward.
We parked on the Marina, just by the border, and although we showed our Passports, they weren’t really interested in us, let alone the dog..
Take a chance Dave.
It wouldn't be me taking the chance Roger, my cousin would be mortified if his dog wasn't allowed back into Spain, it's his baby.

If you where to get a European pet passport and the new rabies jab would you then have to wait the 21 day period before travelling back to the UK thanks

As El radge stated, AHC duration is four month, while dog owner can only stay in EU for three month, daft EH!! No more rip off AHC for us now, dog has a French passport, happy days.

Should expand that a wee bit .
Went to Europe with AHC and , obviously, a current rabies vaccination.
Got Spanish passport for dog +new rabies vaccination.
Because that was done less than 21 days previous to returning I came back using my AHC

So if you where to return on the AHC but had the European passport in hand you could on your next trip just use the EU passport it didnt have to be stamped/activated on your last return

Thank you for clarifying that for me it was just wether we should get the passport in Belgium at the start of our trip or wait until we where further south thanks once again

We have taken our dog into gib loads of times. They have never asked for anything.
The Spanish border guards are playing up with anyone who does not have a eu passport or the right colour work permit card including Spanish nationals..delays can happen at anytime depending on who's on duty.
Our daughter is in the police there and she also has to queue with the rest of us.
Take photo of parking ticket and vehicle parked in la Linea will ease your way back out.
They are a right pain at times...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back