DOMETEC FRIDGE HELP AN IDIOT

beryboy

Hi I have been stupid removed the shelves to give a good clean forgot to take note of how they were fitted. Time to put them back and I have just noticed that there are two different types of end caps and and several clips. I have looked and tried unsuccessfully to put them back and after getting one shelf jammed I realise I haven't a clue how they go back. Any help/advice will be gratefully received Thanks.

I don't know from what you say if you have the same fridge as me but hopefully these photos will help you figure out what goes where...
20220206_141934.jpg20220206_141925.jpg
Let us know how you get on
K ;)

What fridge and how old will help others to identify so that they can give advice, photos Wollaston help

One side of the fridge walls the holes are deeper, the plugs are I think also deeper at one side, you push the shelf in hard one side then pull it back to slot into the other side, then pop those clips in to stop it moving.

What fridge and how old will help others to identify so that they can give advice, photos Wollaston help
It is Dometec around 1989 date has one set of recessed holes vertically slightly larger than the opposite vertical line of holes

The end caps that are deeper or just no end stop go on the right-hand side, the other shallow sealed end caps go on the left-hand side, when you fit the shelf you tilt it and insert the right-hand side first pushing all the way in so that the shelf can be levelled and slide across to the left, as already posted the clips then stop it moving

Last edited:
Thanks for that Tezza, I wasn't in the van and couldn't remember which side was longest 50/50

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back