Dometic fridge

Les pearce

Free Member

Hi I have a domestic fridge freezer in my autotrail savannah the fridge dosnt come on no lights nothing like there no power to it if I leave it on it comes on after a few hours and works fine then after a while it might or might not go of has any one had this before thanks

Hi I have a domestic fridge freezer in my autotrail savannah the fridge dosnt come on no lights nothing like there no power to it if I leave it on it comes on after a few hours and works fine then after a while it might or might not go of has any one had this before thanks
Do you mean DOMETIC (as in the brand) fridge - or Domestic, as in a 'usually found in a house' fridge?

Can't give you an reason for your problem, but a bit of background that might help troubleshoot ...
the basic 12V power supply to the fridge that provides the power to the light and electronics on the AutoTrail is via a dedicated permanent line from the Sargent distribution box, almost certainly in the top cupboard behind the Drivers door (located there on just about every AutoTrail so likely there on yours).

It is on fuse #1 and the fridge could well be the only thing using that supply. So if you had a bad connection on that specific supply, only the Fridge may be affected. Could be as simple as a bad fuse with a crack in in and making and breaking intermittently. I would remove the fuse and check how clean the prongs are. Maybe remove and put back a few times to clean the contacts? Maybe even just replace it (sometimes a fuse can test good but still be faulty).
If you have a meter, check the voltage at the fuse position #1 to make sure you are getting a voltage there (people don't always realise, but the top of a fuse has two small open areas where you can put a meter probe so you can test with the fuse in place).

Next, take the external lower fridge vent cover off and check the voltage on that permanent 12V supply line. You are looking for the Brown wire with the yellow tracer - that should have 12V on it always as long as the Battery is connected. The ground wire for the Meter to use is the White and Orange wire.

Potential across the white/orange and brown/yellow should be around the 12V mark.
If it is missing, there is your problem.
If it is there and the fridge light or electronics is still not on, the problem is with the fridge - check the 12V and ground from the wires tested into th fridge are secure (lots of vibration goes on - could be loose).

HTH.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back