Dometic fridge

Lefty107

Last weekend temperature went up to van temperature. Works on 12 and 230v. Checked and cleaned jet.flame looks good and a healthy blue.blew the flue through. Did phone 3 motorhome fridge repair men all booked solid until December. Starts on gas straight away and when left all pipes heat up. Any knowledgeable fridge people on. Leaning towards thermostàt but just stabbing in the dark

Last weekend temperature went up to van temperature. Works on 12 and 230v. Checked and cleaned jet.flame looks good and a healthy blue.blew the flue through. Did phone 3 motorhome fridge repair men all booked solid until December. Starts on gas straight away and when left all pipes heat up. Any knowledgeable fridge people on. Leaning towards thermostàt but just stabbing in the dark
Is the problem only on gas? Surely the thermostat would work/fail to work on all three energy sources, not just one?

Is the problem only on gas? Surely the thermostat would work/fail to work on all three energy sources, not just one?
Yes only gas 12 and 230 ok Not sure if they are separate but more thinking the temperature adjustment control.

Does the light show it is working or does it flicker when on gas
Is this the light on the ignition switch. I think it's on but I also think it has flickered in the past and I thought the lamp must have a dry connection and put it on my to-do list

We had 2 problems on gas
Both in 2018
1 new burner
2 new gas valve (in the fridge).
Light/gas on pnly briefly
Even now the light sometimes flickers. This is resolved by swiching to say Ehu and immefiately back again and the light remaons steady for several days !

Thanks guess I will have to delay France and wait for a motorhome gas engineer to become available.

I must be reading it wrong, but if it works on 12 & 230v, you have good blue flame and the pipes are getting hot, it sounds like the ideal fridge to me., but the real test is the temperatures with the space inside about 2/3 full.

I must be reading it wrong, but if it works on 12 & 230v, you have good blue flame and the pipes are getting hot, it sounds like the ideal fridge to me., but the real test is the temperatures with the space inside about 2/3 full.
Thanks. Yep all looks good .have located a fridge man who will look next Thursday. Here's hoping he can fix as planning France at the end of the month.

Man came on Thursday blew all line through . Said cr,#p in the jet. Controlled my self to not reply how often should I do that and fired the fridge up. I have my woosh back and a much more energetic flame. Temperature down to 5 over the weekend so all good for the France ferry Friday. Thanks for all the advice.

I'm pleased you've got your whoosh back, have great time away and stay cool.😎😉

Nothing worse than an absence of whoosh on gas appliances.

I'm pleased you've got your whoosh back, have great time away and stay cool.😎😉
Great to have a woosh. Ran down to chinon on Saturday. Made the mistake of toll roads.£90 ouch. Great place though. Moved to tours today and sat outside an Irish pub having a beer. I know Irish pub but the only one in the sun wouldn't have otherwise not a benadorm visitor who insists on courage best and English fryups. 🤣

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back