Domitec Toilet Help in Central Scotland

mac163

Free Member

Our Domitec toilet has stopped flushing, I have checked the internal switch circular panel fuse and external fuse, but electrics seem dead. Can anyone recommend a repair shop in around the Stirling, Perth area. I have tried some but as soon as a toilet problem is mentioned there is a reluctance to look at it.
Cheers
Mac

Not the answer you are looking for but something to consider. We stopped flushing our toilet 11 years ago, shortly after we bought the van. We found that the flush was not very effective in cleaning the bowl and we were filling the cassette with water. A wipe with toilet paper is much more effective. With two of us travelling, and me using a pee bottle, we can now go 6 nights between cassette emptying, which equals more wildcamping nights.

We use a plastic drinking bottle. You can direct a jet wherever you need it, flush is pretty useless.
https://ibb.co/VvtPFP2 I have just renewed the toilet flush gubbins in my van £75 for parts took the toilet out of the van to do it, if you are a Gynocologist you could do the job without removing the complete toilet, super flush now good luck, look at U TUBE all is revealed on there. I would guess that getting it done in a dealers would be expensive, couple hours labour I would guess, in the photos you can see the hoses and gubbins I replaced IE hoses, [ all hoses were just push fit but I replaced them using Jubilee clips on all ] . operating valve, anti syphon valve and the flush pipe complete with the tip that you see in the toilet bowl where the water spurts out on flushing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A directed water jet and/or a suitable cleaning spray bottle with appropriate contents seems a perfect solution.
As an aside we use a doggy bag for wet-wipes and toilet tissue.
Thus the cassette is both clean and no unsightly and difficult to flush paper at the disposal point.

Our Domitec toilet has stopped flushing, I have checked the internal switch circular panel fuse and external fuse, but electrics seem dead. Can anyone recommend a repair shop in around the Stirling, Perth area. I have tried some but as soon as a toilet problem is mentioned there is a reluctance to look at it.
Cheers
Mac
Are you aware of the fuse in the Cassette locker, see photo, it is a pink fuse in the picture , could this be blown?IMG-20210624-102310.jpg

Thanks for all the replies ... this is the control panel which shows no warnings lights / life at all. Will continue with the recommended " hand scoosh" system at the moment .... and yes the Pee bottle for me is the standard method !!!
Cheers
Mac

IMG_0899.jpg

What do you chaps use for a pee bottle, I have a couple of the large 3 litre Formil washing liquid bottles from Lidl, but they don't do that one anymore :( :( and where do you empty them?

Have you checked the water pump has not been switched off at the main control panel ?
Mine was!😊 cheers Phil for the temp bypass that got us through the weekend at Stratford.
20210831_112320.jpg

What do you chaps use for a pee bottle, I have a couple of the large 3 litre Formil washing liquid bottles from Lidl, but they don't do that one anymore :( :( and where do you empty them?
Why store 3 litres of PEE / just use a litre plastic bottle of some sort, if you have ever had a wild Pee in the bushes you have the answer to your disposal question?

Do you put pink flush additive in the flush water reservoir? If you do and leave it for a while it grows a mould, when you flush it pumps the mould into the pump and ultimately clogs the pump. It happened in my last MoHo. Stripped pump, cleaned it out and worked perfect after that. I now just put clean water in only then after flushing, as previously mentioned by others, have a spray bottle with a mix of toilet pink additive and give it a few skooshes down the bowl. A good test to check is open the flush reservoir drain plug and check the flush water for any black rubbish in the flush water. Possibly worth a try.

That pink stuff is more **** than what you normally put down the toilet. If I remember I put a spot of washing up liquid in the flush water.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back