Don’t throw away your wine corks.

runnach

Went to carry on with splatted bug removal on front of motorhome after our recent journey down. I went to lift wipers from screen and both wipers practically fused to windscreen due to intense heat from sun.
I gave up bug removal after 10 mins, too damn hot, and I did this to keep wiper rubber away from roasting hot screen.

773ECF2F-C72C-499E-B663-BFFBA6632504.jpeg

Been using the cork trick for years, it is also useful for stopping grit or sand settling on the wiper blade if near a beach, thus reducing the potential for scratches.

I use champagne corks, but then I drive a Hymer,, though seriously I find them a better shape as I place mine under the spring loaded arm close to where it connects to the wiper arm.

Davy

Been using the cork trick for years, it is also useful for stopping grit or sand settling on the wiper blade if near a beach, thus reducing the potential for scratches.

I use champagne corks, but then I drive a Hymer,, though seriously I find them a better shape as I place mine under the spring loaded arm close to where it connects to the wiper arm.

Davy
We have some bottles of Moët to get through, the ultimate cork 😂

Throw the corks away.. or recycle them, to save the planet/ boost the Portuguese economy.
It helps if you have open a fresh bottle of wine every time.. The corks will be guaranteed clean and grease free.
Trust me.. I have a piece of paper, saying i was a Metalurgicist.. in 1968...!.

Went to carry on with splatted bug removal on front of motorhome after our recent journey down. I went to lift wipers from screen and both wipers practically fused to windscreen due to intense heat from sun.
I gave up bug removal after 10 mins, too damn hot, and I did this to keep wiper rubber away from roasting hot screen.

View attachment 63417
100% agree corks are too valuable to throw away.

View attachment 63417
I agree, corks are too valuable a resource to throw away, I use one in the spout of my watering can to keep dust out.

image.jpg

I use pipe lagging/ foam insulation works a treat and protects wipers too from the elelments as they wrap round whole arm and blade. I only started doing it when I purchased proper Bosch blades as pound land cut your own did not do the length I needed :) and when I went through till and see the price I grabbed some on way home, at that price I am trying to make them last as long as I keep the bus :)

I use pipe lagging/ foam insulation works a treat and protects wipers too from the elelments as they wrap round whole arm and blade. I only started doing it when I purchased proper Bosch blades as pound land cut your own did not do the length I needed :) and when I went through till and see the price I grabbed some on way home, at that price I am trying to make them last as long as I keep the bus :)
No sure if they would the universal job ,plugging the rear end discharge 🍇🥵

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back