Donate to a charity???

Millie Master

I have just tried to donate my reward points to a charity and failed!

I wanted to donate almost all of my points to the charity which is known as Spaniel Aid UK which is a registered charity No. 1169724

But I was informed that the charity isn't recognised...................... WHY ? Can it be listed as one as any and all of my donations I give to charity all go to this truly excellent concern?

Many thanks

There was a poll at the start of the year where members could suggest and vote for their favourite charities. The most popular 12 charities were then allocated on a monthly basis. No doubt there will be an opportunity next year to suggest new charities for 2020.
Dave

Here’s this years list..........

Charity

Feb 12, 2019

I have been asked about the Charities we are supporting and the months associated with them, so here is the full list.

Dec 2018 Macmillan Cancer Support
Jan 2019 Royal National Lifeboat Institution
Feb 2019 British Heart Foundation
Mar 2019 Marie Curie – Terminal illness support
Apr 2019 Teenage Cancer Trust
May 2019 Help for Heroes
Jun 2019 CLIC Sargent – Cancer and leukaemia in children
Jul 2019 Salvation Army
Aug 2019 Children in Need
Sep 2019 Royal British Legion
Oct 2019 Royal National Institute of Blind People
Nov 2019 Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

I have just tried to donate my reward points to a charity and failed!

I wanted to donate almost all of my points to the charity which is known as Spaniel Aid UK which is a registered charity No. 1169724

But I was informed that the charity isn't recognised...................... WHY ? Can it be listed as one as any and all of my donations I give to charity all go to this truly excellent concern?

Many thanks

Hi,

Last year we asked the members to nominate charities and then we had a poll and the top 12 were selected for the following year. The rewards points are used to buy raffle tickets in our monthly raffle for that month's chosen charity. I am happy to say that so far a charity has won a prize every month. I then donate the prize amount to that charity and post the receipt on the forum.

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back